new imac vs. last gen...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by myke323, Aug 8, 2007.

1. myke323 macrumors regular

i have the last gen imac (2.16 C2D, 250gb, 128vm), and i am pretty much elated right now. the new imac (the ones without the 'extreme' processor) is basically the same thing i have with only very minor updates.

design aside (which i don't really care about, but is extremely similar nonetheless), the processor is the same - C2D - the only difference i can see is the bus speed 667 vs. 800. other than that, i'm sure the video card on the new one is substantially better. but that's it; other than that it's basically the same machine...

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. myke323 thread starter macrumors regular

why would you think i wanted to know something... did you see one of these: ?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I didn't see a question mark. I just don't see a point to making an entire thread for just your comments on the new iMacs when there are several already.

5. myke323 thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly!! Then don't post useless crap asking what I want to know...

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I guess this should be sent to the Wasteland then or even replied trying to figure out what your point was.

7. gaelan macrumors regular

agree...the update is unimpressive. glad i decided not to wait. the only thing that is impressive is the refurb pricing for the previous imac model.

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I don't know if you have seen the benchmarks, but the card in the high end iMac (now) isn't even good to begin with. Sure, it is a tiny step up from the old x1600, but thats about it.