New iMac Wifi Issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jp2123, Jan 19, 2013.

1. jp2123 macrumors newbie

Ok so I feel like throwing this thing to the wall. I bought a new iMac cause I work with computers. It seems after the last update this stupid wifi is not working anymore. Works for 5 second and then goes off. Can anyone PLEASE help me?

2. waldo3125 macrumors newbie

I just got my new iMac today and have been having issues with the wi-fi... Same settings as I used from my older Macbook (and I migrated the exact settings from Time Machine). Not only is my wi-fi much slower than normal, I also get disconnected from the network VERY frequently (it's happened as I'm writing this reply). I know its not the network because my Macbook, iPhone and Kindle all work with no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening? I could even live with the slower speeds, but the disconnects are very annoying.

Thanks!

3. Serban Suspended

Try to not have too much devices connected to the same wifi router

4. waldo3125 macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the help. Nothing worked, but I called AppleCare and they helped and now everything is working :)

5. Serban Suspended

What was the solution ? Because we have another person with the same issue

6. waldo3125 macrumors newbie

There are multiple steps that Apple walked me through... Basically, I reset my network connection to its factory settings by deleting the networks I currently use, but then also deleting the settings files on my hard drive. After all that was done, I then reconnected to my network (which is on a college campus) and haven't had any issues since. It was a fairly quick process even over the phone.

I'm sorry I can't remember each step, but yea basically I just reset everything in my network and deleted all network setting files on the hard drive.