New iMac with Leopard???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by acearchie, Oct 30, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I ordered my iMac from apple on the 26th and was wondering if anyone else had...

I am just wondering whether it comes pre-installed with leopard or if there is an upgrade desk inside the packaging.

I assume some people who oredered a basic model (non-configured) had already recieved their iMac!

Thanks

2. ahmed.hassan macrumors member

I'm inclined to say that it'll come with an upgrade disc, because it makes sense for Apple to include an upgrade disc with the computers that have already been manufactured. However, if your computer has a non-standard configuration and had been made after you purchased it, then perhaps you'll receive it pre-installed. What was your estimated shipping time?

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well since the estimated shipping (as opposed to estimated delivery) is set for tomorow I reckon it will come with leopard pre-installed no?

Thanks...

I was just wondering if I would be able to stick with Tiger until maybe 10.5.1 just until a few bugs are ironed out!

4. eetu macrumors member

I ordered it one week before Leopard came out. Staff at the store was not sure if it would be pre-installed or on a disc. I have the feeling it will be pre-install. I wonder if I can still use the up-to-date option. I want to have the beautiful Leopard box :D

5. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well my estimated delivery has been set back to 8th nov.

:mad:

but the shipping was set to 2nd nov. so I reckon (unfortunately for me) it will come with leopard pre installed!

Ah!

6. Homer2556 macrumors newbie

I ordered my iMac on the 27th, 24" with upgraded 2.8GHz. Received it on Thursday with a drop-in disc. Haven't had any problems since upgrading.

7. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

IIRC from what I've read the Up to date disks do not come in the retail packaging.