new iMac won't import pictures from my camera

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by moodymom44@aol., Jul 24, 2007.

1. moodymom44@aol. macrumors newbie

I got a new iMac last week. When I attach my camera, Canon EOS Digital Rebel, it reads the camera, shows it correctly on the left, but says there are no images to import even though there are pics on the card. Not a camera problem, when I attach it to PC it reads fine.

And the iMac will import pictures off my point and shoot Olympus, even though this camera is not listed on the compatible cameras list.

The camera is not new, I have been using it with my PC and laptop for 4 years and when I switch the USB cable to the laptop it reads the card with the pictures on it.

Any ideas??? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Michele

2. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    does the card mount on your desktop? can you copy the pictures off of it?

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

The camera models supported in iPhoto are listed here. It looks like your camera is listed, but you may want to check the model number. If your model is there, call Apple Care at 800-275-2273. Even if you didn't buy Apple Care, your new iMac is covered for 90 days of phone support.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

It very well could be the file system on the card.Since you said it works on a PC I'm guessing the card is formatted for a PC..I had this type of problem with a Canon camera once.

5. moodymom44@aol. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, got it working. I had to format the CF card. Thanks Peace and everyone who responded.

6. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Just trying to understand... what format would the card have been in? Wouldn't it have most likely been in FAT? Was it corrupt(ing/ed) then?

Sorry, just curious.