New iMac won't recognize iPhone... help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by madbad01, Jun 1, 2010.

1. madbad01 macrumors member

Hi,

My new iMac won't recognize my iPhone 3GS in iTunes. I followed the Apple instructions for deleting iTunes and the mobile package stuff and reinstalling everything but still nothing...

What do I do now? It's driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Have you migrated everything from your old computer to this Mac? If so, you could put it in DFU mode and it should be recognized.

3. madbad01 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I did migrate everything with my Time Capsule.

I got my iPhone into DFU mode and iTunes recognized it but then I proceeded to restore it but the progress bar didn't move and after a while it gave me an "error 1611". Now it's completely locked up and I don't know what to do. Bad to worse... help!

Thanks for your reply :)

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You could see this thread on the 1611 error:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=898386

Are you jailbroke?

5. madbad01 thread starter macrumors member

No, I'm not jailbroken. Just a regular iPhone running regular software.
    I already searched through that thread but nothing helped... any other ideas?

Thanks again.

6. daurgo2001 macrumors newbie

Hey!

So... I had the same problem... except that rather than do anything else that was mentioned here I just googled iTunes and re-downloaded it (I had done the update on this computer after having used Time Machine. It's a new iMac)

It worked fine afterwards. I was able to set up my new iPhone (replacing the one I had lost) and iTunes recognizes my iPhone every time I connect it now.

Also, I have a second iPhone (2G) that wasn't getting recognized either. That works too now.

Hope this helps someone! (None of the phones are Jail Broken)
    - David