New iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Habu71, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Habu71 macrumors newbie

I want to thank all who answered my thread this morning with the best way to move all my info from one iMac to my new one. Went as easy as you said. Everything moved over and is working.

It only took me a few minutes to get used to the 27 inch screen--LOVE IT. Going to take sometime getting used to the smaller wireless keyboard without the number pad. I will use for a while and then make a decision whether to stick with it or use my older wired keyboard.

Only have 2 questions right now;
    --Does anyone know if I have to download Carbonite onto new machine. Its the only program so far that i found will not open.

--Old machine used Outlook. With this new iMac I will use Mail (unless I find I need to get Office for Mac again--but now I am going to try to work with Mail and Pages). I have Mail working --gets all my new emails. My question is--Outlook allows me to open it but it does not work with new computer since I did not install Office. It has all my emails that I did not delete or put in folders. Is there a way to transfer all those active emails over to Mail from Outlook?

Thanks in advance for your great help.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

There is a pay-for application out there named "Emailchemy" that might be able to do this for you.

You can find it here:
    http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/

Be aware that you can use it in "demo mode" to import everything, but Emailchemy will replace the headers with it's own logo -- so you can actually -read- the emails, but you won't see from whom they came. To do it completely, you need to pay the registration fee.

But at least you can try it out first, to see if it works.
    If it does, perhaps the registration fee will be worth it to you...