New iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AIDO15, Mar 31, 2009.

  1. AIDO15 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2009
    Location:
    Australia
    #1
    I'm new here and didn't know where this goes, so here I go.
    I have been waiting for the new iMac to come out, and since the new iMac came out on the 5th of March, I was wondering should I buy it now or wait till Snow Leopard comes out because it has little difference to last years iMac, and I don't know if they will release another one. Can you Help.
     
  2. Prabz26 macrumors regular

    Prabz26

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2009
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #2
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

    search around this section and go to
    apple hardware section and check the buying tips and advice section

    many people have many veiws on the topics u mentioned it boils down too can you wait or not and will you go with the current predictions out there
     
  3. The Hammer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2008
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #3
    They'll release another one. I'd wait for Snow Leopard.
     
  4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #4
    There won't be another one before Snow Leopard, though...:confused:
     
  5. nickcliborne macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2008
    Location:
    Nut house
    #5
    If you really don't need it now then I'd wait for snow leopard so you can get it for free.
     
  6. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2009
    Location:
    Australia
    #6
    I didn't think so either.

    My simple advice is to buy an iMac now if you need one. That simple. :cool:
     
  7. mac88 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2008
    Location:
    Boston, MA.
    #7
    What do you need it for? If you need it now then by all means get it now. You won't be disappointed in your purchase. If you can wait (I'm going to wait for the 24" Snow Leopard) then wait. When and if you buy, go refurb. and save some money to apply to a D.Y.I. RAM upgrade.
     
  8. AIDO15 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2009
    Location:
    Australia
    #8
    Thanks guys I think I will wait, anyway will they bring out the Quad core iMacs with SL.
     
  9. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #9
    No. It's very, very unusual that Apple releases any hardware when they release a new operating system. New update won't come before Q4. If we are very lucky, so maybe a new high-end iMac before Q4 but it's very unlikely.

    Don't wait, get yourself one of currents!
     
  10. sp33dy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Location:
    NYC
    #10
    I just got my new iMac last week because i did not wanna wait for the new OS to come out
     
  11. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

    powerbook911

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #11
    A smart move in my opinion.

    The price of an OS upgrade isn't worth delaying the purchase of new computer.

    Plus, by waiting so long, by buying it then, you'd be closer to another refresh, so now you can enjoy a refreshed computer, longer.
     

Share This Page