Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AIDO15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Australia
I'm new here and didn't know where this goes, so here I go.
I have been waiting for the new iMac to come out, and since the new iMac came out on the 5th of March, I was wondering should I buy it now or wait till Snow Leopard comes out because it has little difference to last years iMac, and I don't know if they will release another one. Can you Help.

Prabz26

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

search around this section and go to
apple hardware section and check the buying tips and advice section

many people have many veiws on the topics u mentioned it boils down too can you wait or not and will you go with the current predictions out there

mac88

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA.
I'm new here and didn't know where this goes, so here I go.
I have been waiting for the new iMac to come out, and since the new iMac came out on the 5th of March, I was wondering should I buy it now or wait till Snow Leopard comes out because it has little difference to last years iMac, and I don't know if they will release another one. Can you Help.

What do you need it for? If you need it now then by all means get it now. You won't be disappointed in your purchase. If you can wait (I'm going to wait for the 24" Snow Leopard) then wait. When and if you buy, go refurb. and save some money to apply to a D.Y.I. RAM upgrade.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Thanks guys I think I will wait, anyway will they bring out the Quad core iMacs with SL.

No. It's very, very unusual that Apple releases any hardware when they release a new operating system. New update won't come before Q4. If we are very lucky, so maybe a new high-end iMac before Q4 but it's very unlikely.

Don't wait, get yourself one of currents!

sp33dy

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2009
NYC
I just got my new iMac last week because i did not wanna wait for the new OS to come out

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I just got my new iMac last week because i did not wanna wait for the new OS to come out

A smart move in my opinion.

The price of an OS upgrade isn't worth delaying the purchase of new computer.

Plus, by waiting so long, by buying it then, you'd be closer to another refresh, so now you can enjoy a refreshed computer, longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.