New iMacs at WWDC?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spencer818, May 29, 2007.

1. Spencer818 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    I am going to be a new mac switcher and am set on buying a 24" iMac with:
    - 500 gig HDD
    - 2 gig RAM
    -256 mb graphics card
    - wireless package
    - applecare plan
    I would be able to get an education discount as my mom is a teacher and my parents promised to buy me the iMac I wanted if i got an 80% average or higher.

Now, my question is does anyone actually think there will be new iMacs at WWDC or do you think all those rumors are just to please the people?
    I personally think that the rumors of the macbook pro are definatly true but i don't know what else they will reveal. Last year at WWDC all that was released was the intel mac pro and that was that.

This year, it seems that they are going to have a lot more in store for us. A full version of leopard has been guaranteed by Apple, and there are rumors of both macbook pros and iMacs coming out.

so now, that I want from all you readers is: What do you think WWDC will offer this year?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I say wait, its not far away, and who knows what could happen.

It could be nothing, it could be a speed bump, and it could be radical changes (case redesign, touch screen etc)

3. Pjotrs macrumors newbie

I would say wait for sure, it's only less than two weeks away till WWDC, and updates are coming 100% sooner or later.

4. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

5. hawaiian macrumors member

hawaiian

I concur with everyone here. Given that the conference is only about 2 weeks away and that the analysts are saying that the iMac is due for an update, it doesn't at all hurt to wait. I'm also waiting for new Macbook Pros to be released.

Keep in mind that if they do release a completely new model, it might be more of a wait until they begin shipping.

6. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

7. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Steve will probably be working on an apple cinema display, which you'll only see from the left side, while showing off Leopard.

Then at the end of the leopard presentation he'll say there are new iMacs coming out and that he has one already on stage and he'll point to the cinema display. Which will be a little thicker and a little bigger chin than the original cinema screens. <que applause while he shows the DVD slot on the right side of the screen>. :D

Well... we can only hope :D

8. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Definitely wait. Otherwise you'll be kicking yourself if you buy an iMac now, only to find that a new one is coming out in a few weeks. How much would that suck?

9. warfa macrumors regular

Wait with us and hopefully we won't be disappointed!:)

10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Buy now. Waiting's for gheys.

Not really. I just wanted to introduce some balance to this thread.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I would wait (it is only a few days away) until WWDC '07. I think new iMacs are a likely part of Steve's keynote. :)

12. Grasbak macrumors 6502

Is there a precident for releasing a consumer product at the WWDC?

Isnt it more likely MBPs, displays, or some pro devices/software...

Presumably, they could just do a special event anytime for a new iMac....

13. Spencer818 thread starter macrumors newbie

that was another one of my questions. . .has apple ever released consumer products at a developers conference or would they hold a seperate event later in June to update the iMacs?

14. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I'm pretty sure the first iMac and the first flat iMac G5 were announced at a WWDC.

EDIT: Or were they expo's...

Anyway i'd say we'll be looking at new macs soon even if they aren't at the WWDC.