Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Just got off the phone with a manager at apple customer service. When i called in to inquire about my order the person had no clue where it was, why it was still showing it would ship yesterday (jan 14) and such. The he said maybe it left but it hasn't been updated so that took me over the top and i asked to speak to his manager someone who knew what they were talking. So a manager called me back 15min later.

He said my order has been delayed by 7 days to 14 days, he hopes only 7days but he can see it being longer. He did say that they believe they have figured out the problem with the machines and to avoid the crazy amount of exchanges that is causing the 2week period in the first places they are delaying the shipments till it is all sorted out.

Should i believe him, i don't know but my order status does say 7 business days and i did order my unit Dec 30th. So now my machine wont ship till Jan 25th or 26th

Has anyone else spoken to anyone at apple and got the smiler answer

suburbia

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
The shipping status for the i5 and i7 is given as 2 weeks at the Canadian Apple online store, so the answer you got from them seems to be consistent with what's showing online.

Cancel your order if you can. I'm waiting for Apple to clean up this mess before ordering. If you don't need the new iMac now and don't want to put up with any possible aggravation/frustration, then wait. Apple is not going to be able to fix everything in a few weeks...

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
The shipping status for the i5 and i7 is given as 2 weeks at the Canadian Apple online store, so the answer you got from them seems to be consistent with what's showing online.

Cancel your order if you can. I'm waiting for Apple to clean up this mess before ordering. If you don't need the new iMac now and don't want to put up with any possible aggravation/frustration, then wait. Apple is not going to be able to fix everything in a few weeks...

It has been showing 2weeks for new i5 and i7 since xmas time. I ordered mine on Dec 30th and was to ship on Jan 14th and it was delayed past that for extra 7 days.

So my understanding from the guy is, if u order one now it is 2 weeks plus 7 days, since my order status was just changed to reflect the 7 business day extra wait for shipment from original Jan 14th ship date

baslotto

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2007
CONFIRMED!

I also ordered my i7 on Dec 30th and from the 19th they postponed it to Feb 1st, so also for the US the wait time is about 1 MONTH.

The good news is: if your order got delayed take 5 minutes to make a phone call to Apple. Without even asking I got another discount for $100, so total for my i7 is now $2000 (student disc included).

Now I only have to keep my fingers crossed for any yellow or flickering or noisy drive....

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
CONFIRMED!

I also ordered my i7 on Dec 30th and from the 19th they postponed it to Feb 1st, so also for the US the wait time is about 1 MONTH.

The good news is: if your order got delayed take 5 minutes to make a phone call to Apple. Without even asking I got another discount for $100, so total for my i7 is now $2000 (student disc included).

Now I only have to keep my fingers crossed for any yellow or flickering or noisy drive....

what .. i never got a discount
man ur a lucky guy

all i got is sorry it is delayed ... and some speech as to why

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
It's not "a month". FWIW, I ordered the i7 yesterday 01/14 here in Los Angeles. I got an email saying delivery will be on February 3. That's 3 weeks. Of course, maybe they'll change that, but that's their official position so far.

baslotto

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2007
It's not "a month". FWIW, I ordered the i7 yesterday 01/14 here in Los Angeles. I got an email saying delivery will be on February 3. That's 3 weeks. Of course, maybe they'll change that, but that's their official position so far.

Dec 30th to Feb 1st is not a month? You are right, it's more! When I ordered mine it was "officially" supposed to be here on the 19th, yesterday it changed to Feb 1st.
I hope it's only me.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
CONFIRMED!

That's a case by case basis. You shouldn't tell people that story as if it's factual that they would get a deal, especially cash back. I've had those things happen and most of the time they have offered free ram upgrades or an accessory.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
I don't think it's to work out the issues. I honestly think it's due to demand.

This is based on me ordering replacement iMac #3 and being told there would not be any shipping delay. And I received my replacement machine within a week. This was for an iMac i7.

The shipping person I talked to informed me that warranty replacements receive top priority.

Oh - and my replacement still has an issue with the display - It's a week "53" serial number. (Pretty sure it was manufactured in the first week of 2010.)

So, I'm not very optimistic that they've solved the problem.

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I like to believe the delay is due to them somehow knowing what the problem is, i can't see it being that high of a damned on unit after the holiday season, but then again they could have shipped soooo many bad unit that everyone is exchanging them for a new one and that is causing the delay.

Has anyone else gotten money off their machine for inconvenience that is being delayed.

In another apple forum i read this guy got $300 for saying look, i need my unit what you gonna do for me, if he is to be believed that is a sweet deal.

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Lol it's all bull! Ordered my second last week and it will be at my door Thursday, they told me 3 week wait too and it was just a week

... i dunno but u got lucky if that is the case

here is a screen shot of my apple account

screenshot20100116at123.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.