Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah saw that. And not too happy about it. I'm all for new designs, but I'd rather not be a 'guinea pig' for new generation of hardware.

G

goodlittlesquid

I am torn whether or not to get immediately (assuming the model I want is available at launch) or to wait a month for the black friday sale. Does anyone know if apple lets you use a student discount on top of the black friday discount???

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Two words:
Apple. Care.

True, but even if I dont have to economically put up with something in case it happens, there's still a hassle if something happens, and also small 'kinks' that might not be "issues" can still exist and be annoying.

Edit: I'm getting a new iMac either way though. ;)

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Yay finally some actual confirmation of new imac's. I hope the price does not get increased to much. I could deal with 100 increase but not much more than that.

G

goodlittlesquid

Yeah saw that. And not too happy about it. I'm all for new designs, but I'd rather not be a 'guinea pig' for new generation of hardware.

I guess that is just the price for being as close to the bleeding edge as possible and having the freshest tech possible. (yes I realize IvyBridge and USB 3 are not exactly 'bleeding edge' but you know what I mean.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.