New iMacs on Amazon....How long?

Finnxeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Vermont
I see that you can pre-order the new iMacs on Amazon.com.......any idea when they will be in stock? Just wondering.....cuz if it's going to be a couple of months then forget it:) but if its in the next few weeks i can handle that.......how long has it taken in the past for new items to appear at Amazon.......any responses would be amazing!:)

Thanks bunches

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
The last time it took Amazon about 2 weeks after MWSF intro for iMacs to show as "Available to ship" and it took maybe another two weeks before my iMac arrived through free ground shipping. If I paid for a 2nd day shipping, I probably could have shaved a week.

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
*bump*

I'm looking to order the 24" on Amazon, I have everything ready to go but it's showing up as November 11th ship date.

I hope that it will change soon... or should I go ahead and pre-order? I've heard bad things about Amazon pre-orders, but I'm willing to do it if that means I can get my computer earlier :)

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
SpankyPenzaanz said:
I ordered my 24" from apple last wednesday and recieved notice it shipped today
Awesome. I ordered my 24" last Friday. It's expected to be here on Monday 18th. So stoked.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I have been wondering about Amazon as well- I would like to get a 20" or 24" from them.

I am not really worried about the ship time, but does anyone have any experience with ordering macs from amazon?

Basically- I assume it would still work w/ apple's 9 month or whatever warranty. Is this correct? Can I buy applecare for an amazon purchased iMac? What is their return policy like?

I have had nothing but good experiences from amazon so far, but I have never bought something like this from them. Any info is greatly appreciated!

nchu429

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2006
the imac 20" 2.16 ghz ships next day according to amazon when you check out. Everything else is like November