Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hey everyone!!! how are you all??? it is getting so close but we are all still wondering when the new Nvidia iMacs are going to get released? I am making a prediction that it may be released on March 10th or 17th. Again, I am not sure, but, I think it will happen on one of these days. It has been so long since it has last been updated and it's due for one very soon. Since, there is talk of 10.5.7, I think Apple is finishing their last touches on this update, and then they will ship this update with the new iMacs. I think there may also be an Apple Special Desktop Event which will introduce the new iMacs and the Mac Mini's together. This month will be worth paying attention too because I do think that this update will be soon. Tell me all what you think? and if you agree with me? talk to you all soon, bye!!!

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I believe late March/early April. It's not that I think that your dates are wrong, per se, it's just that, without any evidence as to their validity, the post amounts to "because it has been a long time, they'll be updated next week".

It's getting really difficult to say how soon an update will be, though.

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
I say you all just stop trying to predict because when the date comes that you predicted, you will be disappointed.

As for the NyMetsFan08, what are you smoking? Possible candidate for thread of the year.

Zyniker

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
Hey everyone!!! how are you all??? it is getting so close but we are all still wondering when the new Nvidia iMacs are going to get released? I am making a prediction that it may be released on March 10th or 17th. Again, I am not sure, but, I think it will happen on one of these days. It has been so long since it has last been updated and it's due for one very soon. Since, there is talk of 10.5.7, I think Apple is finishing their last touches on this update, and then they will ship this update with the new iMacs. I think there may also be an Apple Special Desktop Event which will introduce the new iMacs and the Mac Mini's together. This month will be worth paying attention too because I do think that this update will be soon. Tell me all what you think? and if you agree with me? talk to you all soon, bye!!!

Did anyone else notice this particular gem of a sentence in the middle of this nearly coherent rant?

toonshorty

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2009
Well it must be soon because one of the biggest retailers in the UK 'John Lewis' have removed the iMac from their website completely and have no stock of the mac pros. I think they could be coming in the next few weeks.

toonshorty

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2009
Also my dad popped into his local apple store and they said to wait for the new ones, but they couldn't say when.

My dad needed an iMac for a employee and apple gave him a 4 week return policy, so if he buys it now and they come out, he only has to pay the difference.

Justibackwardsn

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
I don't see Apple releasing the iMac and Mac Mini either of those dates. I just looked at the pattern of release dates for Apple computers and not one was released in March of any year. This is probably because it is the last month in the first quarter. The first quarter shows exactly what to improve on in the remaining quarters. IF Apple does release the MM and iMac this month, it will be from March 1-6 or 26-31. But not randomly in the middle.

I'm definitely hoping they do release them this month though.

Other months of little or no release are: June (1 Release near beginning of the month), July (3 releases at the end of the month the same year), and obviously December has no releases.

I hope I'm wrong though, and I could just be blowing smoke, but logic tells me other wise.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Other months of little or no release are: June (1 Release near beginning of the month), July (3 releases at the end of the month the same year), and obviously December has no releases.

I hope I'm wrong though, and I could just be blowing smoke, but logic tells me other wise.

Over 14 months without update? Are you nuts? 11 months is longest time without update now. June/July is for Mac Pro and xserve , iMac and Mini will be updated in March or beginning of April

Justibackwardsn

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
Over 14 months without update? Are you nuts? 11 months is longest time without update now. June/July is for Mac Pro and xserve , iMac and Mini will be updated in March or beginning of April

Thats what I said, just in different terms. March doesn't look very promising for Mac releases. If it does release it will be more towards the beginning or end of March, or beginning of April. Just not in the middle.

June/July will be the same thing. Either the beginning of June or end of July would be the actual releases. I say May and August have a better chance of the release dates.

Just no where in the middle.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I say you all just stop trying to predict because when the date comes that you predicted, you will be disappointed.

As for the NyMetsFan08, what are you smoking? Possible candidate for thread of the year.
Just wanted to point out that I am 18.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Never mind wfoster I saw your thing that said another 14 year old apple freak I thought you were calling me 14 my fault.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.