New iMacs Selling at Reatilers?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wakerider017, Mar 3, 2009.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

How long before the iMac starts showing up on online stores?

I really hate paying sales tax... :(

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I don't understand why the US Government doesn't close the tax loophole that you intend to use.

In the UK we have sales tax of 15%, rising to 17.5% at the end of the year. There is no way to avoid it :p

3. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

That's because we get destroyed by regular income taxes.

I am all for a "flat tax"

4. JBWade macrumors newbie

That's because we do not have a national sales tax; instead, the various states can choose to levy a sales tax. Most states do, but there are exceptions.

The US Constitution explicitly denies the states any power over interstate commerce, so one state cannot collect a sales tax on business conducted in another state (i.e. mail order or cyber sales).

Therefore, this isn't really a loophole and cannot get easily fixed. Thank God for mail order!

5. jw2002 macrumors 6502

Huh? US income taxes are ***A LOT*** lower than just about anywhere in Europe! Same goes for sales taxes (VAT).

Also there are plenty of clever loopholes for Europeans to skip paying VAT on their computers.

6. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Ya, but don't they get something for their taxes... like health care and benefits?

7. rust.puppet macrumors regular

in finland atleast, they pay out the ass in taxes, get free medical and the equivalent of social security at a certain age.