New iMacs. Something unexpected but very nice indeed

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Queso, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Queso macrumors G4

Having just upgraded from a 20" alu to the new 21" there's one thing that I never even considered but keeps impressing me every time I use the machine.

The sound quality from the built-in speakers is just amazing. It adds a completely new dimension to using synth sounds in Logic, and even just playing music through iTunes sounds great. I've always been a bit disappointed by the slight tinniness of the sound in previous iMacs, but it seems this time they've really put some effort into it.

Sorry, just had to rave on about it :D

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Why are you using the built-in speakers if you use Logic! surely you should invest in some better quality speakers!

3. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

make sure you never play with a 27" iMac though. Once you work more than 30 minutes on one, any imac will look miniature, it ruined my imac for me.

4. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

Normally I would use headphones with Logic (I have a rather expensive pair, and it keeps the neighbours happy), but I've played back some stuff through the iMac speakers and been very impressed with the results :)
    LOL. Yeah, the 21" looks huge in my little study/studio room but sat next to a 27" in the shop it does look a bit like the runt of the litter. I'm very happy with the size though. Anything bigger and I'd need bigger furniture to put it on, which of course would mean less space for instruments and the like.