Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shortman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I've been considering buying an iMac and I finally have enough money for one. So with the new macbooks out today i was wondering when you think new iMacs will be coming out? Should I buy one now or wait for a new one?

Thanks

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
There were rumors that the iMacs would be refreshed today alongside the MacBook pros. That hasn't happened but expect a refresh pretty soon as the iMac is basically at it's end of line stage. My guess would be by April.

http://guides.macrumors.com/iMac_Buyer's_Guide

Ive been patiently waiting since Xmas

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I just got my new iMac this week, it's pretty badass ;)

TBH, I really wouldn't mind if they updated the day after I bought it, Macs hold their value really well regardless of when you buy it. There's always a market for selling used iMacs.

My vote: go for it

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
I'm on the waiting list too. Tempted to pull the trigger on the new MPBs instead but I know that with how great those are, the new iMacs are going to be even better.

SingaporeStu

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2009
Yeah, I've got really high expectations for a new iMac too. Coupled with an iPad 2, I think i'll be set computing-wise for the next 5 years...

Sirmausalot

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2007
Wait

I've been considering buying an iMac and I finally have enough money for one. So with the new macbooks out today i was wondering when you think new iMacs will be coming out? Should I buy one now or wait for a new one?

Thanks

If the Macbook Pros have Lightpeak and an i5 processor, so will the low end iMacs very, very soon. That's a fairly easy bump they can make without making a big deal out of it.

WAIT.

shawmanus

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2006
CPU's for the new imac have been released in january. There is an issue with chipset which might have delayed iMac release(iMac should be using more than 2 SATA ports). I would say it will release by April for sure. Will be a fantastic upgrade from 45nm nehalem cpu's.

Macginger

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
I'm waiting till the next refresh as well, April-May is looking good, hang on in there as hopefully there will be a graphics upgrade as well to go along with the processor upgrade :D

billy3785

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
NYC
I'm holding out too. Traded in my imac for my MacBook unibody a few years ago. I'm ready for the upgrade

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.