New iMacs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by shortman, Feb 24, 2011.

1. shortman macrumors member

I've been considering buying an iMac and I finally have enough money for one. So with the new macbooks out today i was wondering when you think new iMacs will be coming out? Should I buy one now or wait for a new one?

Thanks

2. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

There were rumors that the iMacs would be refreshed today alongside the MacBook pros. That hasn't happened but expect a refresh pretty soon as the iMac is basically at it's end of line stage. My guess would be by April.

http://guides.macrumors.com/iMac_Buyer's_Guide

Ive been patiently waiting since Xmas

3. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I just got my new iMac this week, it's pretty badass ;)

TBH, I really wouldn't mind if they updated the day after I bought it, Macs hold their value really well regardless of when you buy it. There's always a market for selling used iMacs.

My vote: go for it

4. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

5. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

I'm on the waiting list too. Tempted to pull the trigger on the new MPBs instead but I know that with how great those are, the new iMacs are going to be even better.

6. SingaporeStu macrumors regular

Yeah, I've got really high expectations for a new iMac too. Coupled with an iPad 2, I think i'll be set computing-wise for the next 5 years...

7. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Wait

If the Macbook Pros have Lightpeak and an i5 processor, so will the low end iMacs very, very soon. That's a fairly easy bump they can make without making a big deal out of it.

WAIT.

8. shawmanus macrumors member

CPU's for the new imac have been released in january. There is an issue with chipset which might have delayed iMac release(iMac should be using more than 2 SATA ports). I would say it will release by April for sure. Will be a fantastic upgrade from 45nm nehalem cpu's.

9. Macginger macrumors member

Macginger

I'm waiting till the next refresh as well, April-May is looking good, hang on in there as hopefully there will be a graphics upgrade as well to go along with the processor upgrade :D

10. billy3785 macrumors regular

billy3785

I'm holding out too. Traded in my imac for my MacBook unibody a few years ago. I'm ready for the upgrade

11. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I'm waiting to get a refreshed 27" then the family room gets my existing 21". :)

12. Macginger macrumors member

Macginger

thats gonna be one hell of a family room Sodner :D