New Immersive Gaming Demo with Laser Projector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by railgrab, May 17, 2010.

1. railgrab macrumors newbie

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

3. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

4. railgrab thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, Nick, it's my very own Frankensteinish creation! My wife has started referring to it as "the Other Woman" :eek:. I've actually wanted to try this for a month now, but I only bought an iPhone 3GS 10 days ago. Prior to that, I tried this with a brand new iPod Touch, but learned the hard way that it does not have a built in compass.

5. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

W*O*W*!!!

That is amazing! Are you going to somehow market this? This could be the coolest accessory! I would absolutely buy this!

6. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

Yea, this is really cool. I can only imagine what will be done with these projectors and increasingly powerful smartphones. Is there a jailbreak app that allows video-out? Can I do this right now with a TV or monitor?

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

All you need now to complete 'the other woman' is to create a near spherical room, and a chair with a motorised swivel.

8. moynihan123 macrumors member

It's not that great as it currently is. It's not very immersive if your swinging around your own home only to fire at clouds and ground.

What would make it awesome would be to put an augmented reality game on that projector. Now THATS immersion.

9. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Did you post this here before? I remember seeing the vid. Very cool man....well until your legs get tired. :D

10. railgrab thread starter macrumors newbie

No need for your legs to tire out. I've found that the best way to play is on a swiveling bar stool! Also to answer another question, I used the jailbroken app TVOut2 to get the game to project.