New iMovie doesn't share to iDvd?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Djrippey, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Djrippey macrumors newbie

I just updated to Mavericks and updated iMovie and I don't like it at all. All my projects were all moved around and it took me a half hour just to figure out where everything went. Then, I find that the function to put chapters in between clips had disappeared. Then I realize I can't even share the project to iDvd so that I can burn it to disc. That's horrible! why take away features when finally updating iMovie? Not everyone has gone digital and I need to burn discs for my employer so that he can send them out. I used to make chapters and a nice DVD menu that worked great for the company. Now I can't do any of that? Epic Fail!!

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You should have the previous version of iMovie. The new version download does not overwrite the old version. It should be in a folder in your Applications. Just use the past version. It still works with iDVD. Other option is get a new burn program.

3. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia

I recommend MacXDVDRipper Pro. Way better then iDVD, and iDVD is bound to stop working soon, it was outsourced like 2 iterations ago.

4. Byrnes3969 macrumors member

Once Compressor is fixed for mavericks it will give you down and dirty DVDs that play well but have no menus

5. tekriter macrumors newbie

I checked that software out - how does it help you replace iDVD? I didn't see anything in the description that says it burns DVDs.