new imovie sucks

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iamamaclover, Apr 27, 2009.

1. iamamaclover macrumors newbie

hi, i recently bought a new mac book OS X.. it comes with IMovie '08. sadly, it sucks. and i am having all these new problems with it and would love to go back to the old imovie HD. i have called a apple support person, but they said i cant do anything about it :mad:... i really wish i could de- grade back to imovie HD. does anyone know anyway i can do this?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

How recently? Anything after January and you'd have had iMovie '09 on it, which is basically as fully featured as iMovie from iLife '06 in the newer shell with additional features.

3. temetrepo macrumors member

temetrepo

i also bought a mac in january and it had imovie 08 too :(

4. iamamaclover thread starter macrumors newbie

???

does it look the same as the old imovie HD? or does it look like way more high tech and complicated... all i want to do is go back to the old one, or mac to come out with one very similar..

5. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They will never revert to the old style. There is nothing wrong with the current one; it is intuitive and easy to learn.

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

Tallest Skil: can you take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_SNyPPUQU

and tell me if iMovie works like that on your mac pro, editing HD video?

thanks

8. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

9. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

10. Cboss macrumors 6502

It works just like that with SD on my Blackbook. All that person did was slide the cursor along. If you slide at just the right speed you can hear it better. Not quite sure what this video proves except a human can't move a cursor at the same speed as a computer and as consistently.

11. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Apple rewrote iMovie 08 from the ground up to take advantage of the Intel processors, but sadly some features that were in 06 did not make it.

Apple has nearly (if not completely?) updated 09 to now have all the features of 06 (plus many extras).

I wouldn't be surprised if they just couldn't get iMovie 08 up to par in time since they had to redo everything.

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

the computer couldn't keep up with me scrolling thru the video. also, while selecting part of the video to cut, it was still slow.

it was HD video from my 1080P camera though.

13. Blair230 macrumors regular

Actually I find I like the new imovie less than imovie HD06. Granted its better than 08...I dont find it intuitive at all.

It would be nice if they reverted to the old style but that wont happen. Nice, easy to work with and powerful for my needs. All in the name of progress...:apple: Oh well...just use Final Cut express now.

14. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

You might be able to find a copy of iLife'06 on eBay. Perhaps someone who's upgraded to iLife'08 or '09 would be willing to sell you their old discs.

ft