New IMovie user

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Aug 13, 2007.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I just started using IMovie 08 with my new iMac. I've used similar programs in the PC world, so I'm searching for some functionality that I don't see, or just haven't learned how to use yet. I am using IMovie for a cobination of video clips and digital photos.

IMovie only comes with a handful of transitions. Does anyone know of a resource for adding additional transitions? Also, it would be nice if there was a "the end" video file to add to the end of the movie, instead of it ending abruptly. Also my last song ends abruptly at the end, as opposed to a mechanism for slowly closing the song out (forgot what this feature is called in other apps).

If you guys know of a third party app that has enhancements to IMovie; such as transitions and other goodies, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for your help!

2. thegrifman macrumors regular

Try downloading iMovie 06 from Apple. It's much more robust though a bit more complicated. I had never used any video editing software before using it and I picked it up really quickly. It has a lot more transitions and you can edit 2 audio tracks as well as adjust their volume so you can fade music out and such.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html