New improved whitebook worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cgcaps, Jun 7, 2009.

1. cgcaps macrumors newbie

Hi im actually new to this forum and new to Apple computers ing general. I'm looking to buy a Macbook originally was thinking of getting the 1299 unibody but after seeing the new update white it very tempting and wondering if its worth getting? See im in a bit of pickle im in the military and am going away in about 3 months or so for 6 months wanted to keep in touch with the family through skype along with making videos and sending it to them so macbook was the perfect choice but now as you can see im torn in to which one to get. I know they have the conference tomorrow but i really havent heard any hype about upgrading the macbooks seems like its all about the iphone which i will also part take in when it comes out. so please give me some advice to either wait if there will be an update on the unibody or if the whitebook will do plus a few upgrades like i said im a rookie at this macbook thing so i need some Veterans to help me out?

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

The white MacBook is a great buy recently updated. However I reccomend upgrading the ram to 4gb.the UNI Body is in need of an update.

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

the difference between the two would not be noticed by the average consumer. benchmarks and tests are static and don't represent real world environments. i highly doubt you are going to sit there and be like, "woah a whole 2 sec faster!"

only benefit i see is hardly worth a deal breaker for me is that the white macbook has firewire which i hardly consider whining about.

with unibody you get - better screen, better trackpad, better body design

sorry, but the speed bump isn't impressive and the pros outweigh the cons.

4. youssefm macrumors 6502

I suggest the Unibody because since you are in the military, it will withstand heat, traveling and any other outer factors much better than the whitebook.

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think the opposite about the heat...

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Hooah! But I'd strongly suggest getting a speck case for it as well...aluminum dents.

That said, right now the unibody is a pretty frakkin' sweet deal for the money.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I think youssefm is right. The Whitebook tends to run hotter than the Unibody to begin with. Add that into a hotter outside environment, and the Whitebook will have to work harder to keep itself cooler. Sure, the Al case may feel hotter when it's not running due to its conducting heat better, but that same property will help it keep cooler easier.