Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBooksRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
I am so excited! I found this amazing PowerBook Pismo on eBay this morning, and just bought it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=260234914315&rd=1

It's new, and the box was only opened to take pictures of the computer. I sold my 500MHz for $400 - and now I've got a new one for a few dollars less. :D

Pics from auction:

949a_12.JPG

21c1_12.JPG

1add_12.JPG

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Wow nice! I have always loved the design of the Pismo powerbooks too....I just bought a 400mhz one recently...although it is in nowhere near as good of condition as yours! I wonder how good the battery life on that one you got is....:D

MacBooksRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Hehe, I've been wondering the same thing! He said that it's never been charged, so it's probably dead - but I'll get a new one if it is, :)

MacBooksRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
I was thinking of just leaving it in the box - and never use it. So, no upgrades. I just would hate to get a scuff on it. :D

Besides I've got a MacBook and a Mac Mini - I don't really have any use for it.

I've had about six Pismos this year, they all have a REALLY loud hard drive - I would love to see how quiet this is. :D

I'll post some pictures when I get it delivered on Friday.

MacBooksRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Wow! That was mine, :D

It sold for $799.99, paid for via PayPal. That's a pretty good profit. :p

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I just don't get why a seller would sell it as new in box. But then take it out of the box to take pictures. That seems to defeat the purpose of a new in box computer, when it no longer factory sealed. Like taking an original Star Wars action figure that has remained in its packaging then taking it out to sell it.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
Did the payment clear yet? I see the bidder has 0 feedback, so that explains a lot, but I also hope you don't ship until the money is in your hands.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
Those power supplies were too darned big, in my mind. They look cool, but in practice, they were a pain. I like the new ones a lot better.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Sorry if this is a bit offtopic, but that is one cool power supply this thing has!

I like the generally design of those power supplies, but unfortunately they had a tendency to short out after a lot of use :(

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Sorry if this is a bit offtopic, but that is one cool power supply this thing has!

Nah they're bloody annoying. They're pretty big (diameter is about from the base of your palm near your wrist to the tip of your outstretched middle finger) and they're really cumbersome. The new little square ones are great.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I just don't get why a seller would sell it as new in box. But then take it out of the box to take pictures. That seems to defeat the purpose of a new in box computer, when it no longer factory sealed.

I couldn't agree more. It's not actually new in the box any longer if they've cracked the seal and removed it from the packaging, even if it was just to take pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.