New Incase Frame Case Colors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fishmd, Jun 21, 2009.

1. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Hey guys. Just went to the goincase site today and noticed some new colors for the frame case, one of which is actually black. And another that is "pastel grey". This is great for all of us who do not really go for the fluorescent color look at me kind of case. Check them out there on the site. :cool:

2. imacdane macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for posting this...this case has interested me, but I couldn't imagine using any of the colors that they previously had. I was hoping they would make an all black one.

3. fishmd thread starter macrumors 68000

fishmd

Only thing about the new colors is I am not for sure wether or not the back part is see-through or not like the other cases. I would think they would be, but don't know cause the pics of them on the website do not show the apple showing through it like the old colors did. :confused:

4. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

I don't think it does.

5. noneother macrumors member

it looks like they have Black now... I am interested in how it compare to thickness over the Incase SLider I already own...

6. Zadiek macrumors member

I looked into this case and while it still seems pretty nice, I have issues with it. From watching some videos about it, it appears the rubber on the corners of phone doesn't sit completely flush with the phone.

7. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

The Bamboo slider colors look really nice. I've never had a slider case before. How well do they hold together? Is the quality worth the price? They do seem a bit pricey.

8. flapperdink macrumors member

i have a green incase frame and love everything about it except not a big fan on the color. i like the rubber sides for a good grip and the plastic back so it slides in and out of my pockets easily.

i'm really tempted to try the grey pastel frame case, but i'm a bit hesitant until i see it in person. the description says it has a hard plastic back, but from the pictures it doesn't look like the same plastic back as on the regular frame case. the new pastel frame looks like its back is completely flat whereas the regular frame back was rounded to match the contour of the phone.

hopefully we'll start to see some video reviews of it on youtube. i'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled on this one.

EDIT: maybe the back doesn't look the same because the new ones aren't transparent?...

9. astudentis macrumors regular

anyone using any of these pastel frame case series from incase? mine posting some pics? is this a new case, I dont see many (if any) reviews on it, on google or youtube.

10. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

go on youtube. there's this guy "itsmemorphious" that did a review on it.

11. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I think they're a little overpriced (would be reasonable at $25, MAYBE $30) but overall they do the job quite well. I have a metallic red slider and there's no sqeaking or sliding around. I've heard of people having issues with taking the case off but I think incase has fixed the problem as I have no such issues. The rubber rails on the back do leave markings on the back of your phone (maybe similar to a marking a rubber eraser would leave) but those are easily wiped off.

While I do think the case will protect the phone in a drop, the case itself will probably break.

12. astudentis macrumors regular

I am not talking about "frame case" only, I am talking about the "Pastel Frame Case series"... are they any different in design (I think Pastel ones are not clear in the back...not sure though)?

13. Cakester macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHedZKCmFSk

looks pretty nice.

14. astudentis macrumors regular

Ah, thanks! That case looks very similar to my iSkin Solo black, on my white iPhone. Humm, I wonder if having a hard plastic is better for the back of the phone vs the somewhat softer, but more cushiony rubber back... thought? Say you drop the phone on its back and there is a rock on the floor, what is likely to cause a dent into the phone? (i.e. hard plastic vs rubbery plastic)

15. p09n15i93 macrumors newbie

Do you think this would fit with an invisible shield(front and back)? Or would it be too tight?