new incase hardshell

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by illibball087, Sep 16, 2009.

1. illibball087 macrumors regular

does anyone have one of these for their june 2009 macbook pro's...just wanted to see if incase makes a better shell then speck

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

I don't have a June 2009 MBP, but I've owned both Speck and Incase hard shells for my Penryn MBP and I can tell you that the Incase shell blew away the Speck shell in every aspect. If you have an Apple store near you, go in and see the difference for yourself. As for me, I prefer the texture and build quality of the Incase. The Speck seemed subpar when compared to the Incase. Incase feels more durable, has a soft grip coating, seems more flexible and less fragile. I'm not sure if Speck has stepped up their build quality as of late, but I would go Incase again for sure.

3. Ozzie7876 macrumors newbie

I've had both hardshell cases for my Penryn MBP and I prefer the Speck case. Being tall, I open my laptop very wide, and the Incase hardshell restricted the angle to about 90 degrees, while the Speck case allows to me to open my laptop all the way.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I posted my thoughts regarding the Speck here. My one question is regarding the hinge of the Incase, with that being said, once they stock the 17-inch again, I'll be there.