New Incase Slider for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by g00dbye, Jul 14, 2008.

1. g00dbye macrumors member

g00dbye

They promised it a while back. When launch day came around, they announced a bunch of other 3G cases but still no new slider. Does anybody have any idea when it might be coming out? I really want a case for my iPhone and I've decided on this one. Thanks! -Brian

2. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

i sent them an email a few hours ago asking for a release date. might receive a reply back tomorrow morning

3. macman4291 macrumors regular

It hasnt been made yet, its not even on their site, I would guess it will be at least 3-4 more weeks before its available

4. junebug1 macrumors regular

junebug1

I personally think inCase totally dropped the ball on this one. The slider case for the original iPhone was by far the best case released and they should have been ready for launch with a new one for the 3G. I mean they showed pictures of it prior to launch (btw - it's totally clear now) and said that select cases would be available at launch so I was assuming they meant the cases pictured but much to my surprise there was no slider and their website has been rid of any pictures of their mock up. Seeing as how it appeared many 3rd party cases manufacturers were given the specs ahead of time I can't believe they didn't have enough time to get at least a few thousand produced. Screw a folio I want a see through slider! Lets get on it :p

5. Igantius macrumors 65816

Absolutley agree with what you've said and judging by the comments on inCase's web site, we're not alone!

Another reason why it's messed up is that Griffin have shipped cases (e.g. the new Elan Form) which uses a Easydock system similar to the Slider.

6. domcole macrumors regular

Incase Slider alternative

I know it's not available in the UK but the Contour Flick looks pretty much the same, some people say it's even better but thats not solid yet, so to speak, since it's only been said by a handful of people.

The Contour Flick comes in black and white. (Apple have got the colours mixed up- black is white and white is black)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...phone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTI5OTU0Ng

http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...phone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTI5OTU1Mw

Check it out.

7. someonevague macrumors newbie

i love my incase slider so much for the original that i still regret buying the 3g because of the fact that i feel a need to protect it, but also want to expose the white shiny backing. if only incase made a slider with an opened back :rolleyes:

8. g00dbye thread starter macrumors member

g00dbye

Awesome. Let me know as soon as you hear back from them if you could. My baby needs to be protected.

9. domcole macrumors regular

X2

10. g00dbye thread starter macrumors member

g00dbye

News on the slider

So, I just got off the phone with a customer service rep at Incase and he told me that the new iPhone 3G slider is aimed at a late august launch, which is more than disappointing. How will I go an entire month without a case!!! Although, he did say that the new slider will come in a variety of "exciting colors" and he did confirm that they will have matte finishes. He didn't know much more than that except the design team in California making the finishing touches. He stated that they couldn't really do a whole lot without the physical iPhone in their hands on the 11th, so I guess this is pretty legit. Come on late August!

11. HFU macrumors regular

Nice to know Incase has got the matte finishes. Another month with plastic wrap on the go... sigh

12. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I just spoke to incase about their release on the slider. They said they it will be released mid to late august. They will have multiple colors too. She didnt say which ones they will offer or a price on them.

13. matteo550 macrumors newbie

that is complete crap! mid/late august is way too long. i love incase but they might have lost my business. they had dimensions and models of the iphone way before the 11th (i remember seeing them on macrumors). i dont care about colours, just get the damn thing out. even though its a good case, who wants to wait at least a month to get it. they should just come out with and white and black slider case now!!!! and then some BS colours at the end of august.:mad:

14. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Calm down, take a few deep breaths. Maybe they're making sure that the coating isn't going to start peeling off like it is on my 2G matte black slider case.

15. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Or you can do something even better.... not spend anymone on incase products. That will teach them. :D

16. btcutter macrumors 6502

Contour Flick look just like a old slider from Incase.

17. GeekAhead macrumors member

GeekAhead

Im cheering on for the InCase ... I'm naked without it.

18. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Ditto. I'm hoping it's out in early August, not on the 31st!

19. roxychicx23 macrumors newbie

3g Incase Slider

You are able to buy the 3g slider case from www.goincase.com. Check it out!

20. g00dbye thread starter macrumors member

g00dbye

After all that waiting/hype, I don't think I'm all too impressed with this new slider. I can't put my finger on it, but I almost feel like the slider doesn't fit the 3G's new design at all (imo). I may be staying away from it after all. :confused:

21. mcmacmike macrumors member

I have the black matte one for my 1st gen iPhone and it peeled after a couple weeks of use. I kind of regret buying it, especially since I got it from their website where they overcharge shipping.