new info leaked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shawndc1, Feb 20, 2014.

1. shawndc1 macrumors regular

today i googled "iphone 6" and saw that there are a few websites with the same new information regarding the new iphone. they have stated that apple will indeed make an iphone 6 with the 4.7 screen, which i think is a good size and that the PHABLET would be 5.7 inches but wont have the apple branding.that part confuses me.and that it may actually resemble the iphone 5s which i hope doesnt happen, id like to see a whole new model, did anybody else read this info? what are your thoughts

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Why don't you search "iPhone 6" on Macrumors? MR explains most reports are "sketchy"
    http://www.macrumors.com/search?s="iphone+6"

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

If you've been around for the previous iPhone introduction cycles, you'd know that there's a huge feeding frenzy in the run-up to each model's unveiling. The water is chummed with lots of fanciful misinformation by many folks, probably including Apple. It's impossible to separate the wheat from the avalanche of chaff. Yet every nugget of alleged info is snatched and re-reported countless times by throngs of bloggers and sites, including both legitimate operations and fly-by-night click-whores.

Ignore it. Or just enjoy the circus for what it is. Just know that Apple's good about keeping secrets. Important stuff like the 64-bitness of the A7 SoC have successfully been kept under wraps, as have things like the end of a black color for iDevices and the introduction of the gorgeous Space Grey.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

^^^ This.

One of the sanest posts on MR in a while.

Enjoy the rumors and speculation for what they are if you wish, but you'd be dumb to consider anything as truth simply because there's no real way to discern the copious piles of (male bovine excrement) from the rare nuggets of truth.

5. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

6. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

I believe nothing until I see a Chinese made case

7. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

You searched iPhone 6...and a zillion other people from Europe to Indonisia. Everybody says the same thing. Every day new info is leaked, every day people say NOT TRUE. Same ol same ol.

8. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Well, at least my claim has some credibility to it.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

So does the claim that Cook doesn't want to cannibalize existing unit sales by giving any indication what so ever that a larger screen is planned (if indeed it is). Personally I have no opinion either way because I believe Apple is going to do what Apple thinks is best for Apple.

IpadSC400's point though seems to be that for every claim posted, one group swears up and down that it's true while another group is absolutely sure it is not true. An independent observer has no reasonable way to interpret the conflicting claims.

I think the only thing it's reasonable to "expect" is that the shape/design will change. This is based soley on the tick/tock design-change/internal-improvements cycle of the iphone 3G/3GS, 4/4s, 5/5s models.

Beyond that, it's all a game of guessing which (if any) leaks are for real.