Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

only1boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
hello, I have had my macbook for about 6 months now and my hard drive is almost full. I have an external hard drive and it is almost full as well. I was thinking to myself, instead of getting a new external, why not just see if I would be able to replace my current hard drive with another that is larger. If anybody knows if this can be done or not please let me know. It wouldn't even have to be the same brand as the current one. get back to me

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
hello, I have had my macbook for about 6 months now and my hard drive is almost full. I have an external hard drive and it is almost full as well. I was thinking to myself, instead of getting a new external, why not just see if I would be able to replace my current hard drive with another that is larger. If anybody knows if this can be done or not please let me know. It wouldn't even have to be the same brand as the current one. get back to me

Macbook (unlike the MBP) hard drive replacement is simple. I believe Apple even has instruction on their support site.

Cheers,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.