Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

New iOS 9 Beta Seed With Apple Music Coming 'Early Next Week'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While Apple Music launched today with the releases of iOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2, many members of Apple's developer program are currently running beta versions of iOS 9 that do not support most aspects of the service. Apple's Eddy Cue confirmed late last week that Apple will be releasing a new iOS 9 seed with Apple Music support, but he did not provide a timeframe for the release and one did not appear today.

In a pair of responses to Twitter users tonight, Cue has clarified the new iOS 9 seed with Apple Music support will be arriving "early next week."

@D2007CAVS new iOS 9 beta coming early next week - Eddy Cue (@cue) July 1, 2015

@jvdfrg @lokithorrrrr early next week - Eddy Cue (@cue) July 1, 2015

The last beta seed came on Tuesday, June 23, so next Tuesday would mark Apple's typical two-week interval for beta releases.

Cue is also answering a few other Apple Music questions from Twitter users tonight, noting users can "easily" turn off auto-renew on Apple Music to prevent unexpected charges when the free trial ends and that the bitrate of Apple Music streaming varies depending on whether the user is on a Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Article Link: New iOS 9 Beta Seed With Apple Music Coming 'Early Next Week'

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I thought I noticed the quality noticeably decrease on cellular but assumed Apple only streamed 256kbps AAC. My ears didn't deceive me! Great to know since my original quality test on my iPhone was disappointing. An option to adjust would be welcome. Wish Apple would officially reveal bitrates. Wish it was at least 320kbps AAC.

Comment

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015
Can someone ask him if Home Sharing is going to be added back or is it gone for good?

Comment

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
As expected. Apple are working on iOS 9. They won't rush anything. If people want Apple Music, get iOS 8.4!

Comment

aatrcoutinho

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2015
I made a Apple Music Family Membership and I got charged. Where is my trial period? The iTunes is crazy?!
Captura de Tela 2015-07-01 às 03.43.02.png

Comment

aatrcoutinho

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2015
The Apple Music Family Membership is not working too. The family's members can't access Apple Music without to do a Individual or Family Membership again.

Comment

obezcinnet

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
The Apple Music Family Membership is not working too. The family's members can't access Apple Music without to do a Individual or Family Membership again.

I got subscribed to family membership free.
I recommended signing out, then signing in again on each device after becoming an apple music member. Also make sure you have family sharing on (under settings/icloud) before doing that. We have no issues.

Comment

obezcinnet

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
Is this a public beta or developer only?
I signed up for public beta releases for both iOS9 and El Capitan and got no updates yet.

Comment

aggiesrwe03

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
TEXAS
Work around for iOS 9 developers, sign up either in iTunes, or on an 8.4 device. From there you can add albums to your "my music" library for streaming from your iOS 9 device. Beats 1 is under the radio tab and works, the only thing you can't do as of yet is see your suggested playlists from the iOS 9 device. Not perfect but it does at least half of what the service was made to do, it'll work until next week.

Reactions: KdParker
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.