Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
iOS Apps Blog sounds horrible and I'm confident you guys can think of a better name for it ;)

In all seriousness, the iOS Blog is filling up with app announcements and tidbits. Personally, I really enjoy this aspect of the blog because otherwise I don't really follow the App Store (I mean, who can?) but perhaps there should be a separate Blog for that type of stuff, and leave the iOS Blog for, well, iOS stuff. Minor updates to iOS, Apple app updates, app development news, etc etc.

I admit the line is a bit ambiguous and I actually would be fine with leaving things as-is. I just wanted to toss the idea in for consideration/discussion.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
The thing is, there are already two other sites owned by Arn (the guy who created MacRumors): Touch Arcade and AppShopper. The former deals with iOS gaming while the latter shows you price drops and updates for apps. You can even make a wish list of apps you want to track the changes of. There is also a blog section on AppShopper, which sounds like something you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.