new ios4 kills iphone 3g/s wifi????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ken21, Aug 2, 2010.

1. ken21 macrumors member

i saw few articles and the comments below the articles, they say the ios4 will kill iphone 3gs' wifi gradually!!same problem with bluetooth the article has been posted since last month..i guess many of you guys have read it...
    has anyone experienced it??? im so worry about it cos i just bought an iphone from ebay and i told the seller to upgrade the phone from 3.1.3 to 4 ( still jailbreak)

2. ken21 thread starter macrumors member

no one has this problem? or its just a rumor

3. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Installed the developer seed before it was released to the public. My bluetooth and wifi works fine.

Anything that severe would have been reported on and posted to the main page of Mac Rumors and many other websites by now that are more reputable.

Don't believe all the crap you see on random crap sites on the internet.

4. ken21 thread starter macrumors member

well, the scary part is i saw the news on yahoo new tech section
    but some respectful iphone user said it has no problem. so i guess everythings fine

5. calb macrumors 6502

My dad's 3G had an issue after updating whereby the WiFi couldn't maintain a connection, so I reset the router and removed it from the 3G's saved networks. I don't know what the cause was, but when I reconnected (and reentered the password) all was fine.

6. ToxicMan macrumors member

Loaded the iOS4 onto my son's iPod Touch. Ran fine for a few weeks but now he has nothing but problems with wifi. My personal experience suggests there may be some truth to this. Others here may say no because they haven't done it or they don't read posts about it. I suspect less than 1% of the owners of these Apple devices ever read the BBs let alone take the time to register so they can post and get assaulted by the membership for being a troll.

7. calb macrumors 6502

Have you tried a few troubleshooting steps?

8. molala macrumors 6502a

No problems with wifi on my iPhone 3G. i installed iOS4 last month. I never use the bluetooth so I wouldn't know about that.