New ip4 hardware vs og adopters

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XJ13sd, Aug 31, 2010.

1. XJ13sd macrumors member

So, just curious how original ip4 adopters feel about the article claiming a revised ip4 hardware to fix the antenna problem feel. I love my iPhone 4 don't have a single problem ( no prox, battery is great) except the antenna problem but it's not as bad as some people report ( I use my ip4 without a case). However, I will be upset if this is true for number of reasons.

1) makes my ip4 almost worthless. Who is going to want to buy an ip4 with the antenna problem when from sept-July they will make them fixed. No one, at least not at the same price as hardware with the fix.

2) now I feel like I've paid the same price for an inferior hardware.

I understand tech companies can change the design ( the ps3) but the original ps3 worked exactly as the new ones just a little larger, its not like the og ps3 would stop working in the middle of a game and the new one does not.

All in all it's still a phone and mine works fine but I do think it sucks as our resell value will crash to almost zip.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

your left out a vital word in your sentence.

wether its true or not, if your phone works just fine, what's the issue (other than people always wanting the latest and greatest).

3. XJ13sd thread starter macrumors member

It was not a rumored article...lol..it was an actual article on this website...now whether the article is true or not I think I covered that. I already said my phone works for me fine man...can you read... I said the resell value would drop...

4. err404 macrumors 68020

This wouldn't be a first for iPhones. The 3GS was modified mid cycle to be more difficult to JB. Hardware manufacturing is tweaked all the time. You should not have an expectation of a product design being frozen for a year, especially if there is an issue that effects usability for some people.
    Still, IF a new phone is released, take yours to your local geniuses and see if they will hook you up.