iPad Pro New Ipad 12.9 drawing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by erik001, Jun 9, 2017.

1. erik001, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017

erik001 macrumors newbie

Hey all I have 1st gen Ipad pro 12.9, I love to draw and attempt to paint on it, fantastic machine I must say. Does anyone out there think the new one is worth up-grading to for doing art work? Will the refresh rates really make the up grade worth it? Any insight appreciated!

2. GordonShumway2017 macrumors newbie

GordonShumway2017

This is what I'm buying it for. Although I don't own any iPad at the moment, I have used the previous 12.9 that a friend let me borrow. Will post my opinions when I get it. My biggest issue with the 1st gen was the slight lag which I'm hoping the new machines can solve.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Me personally, I'm still learning on my iPad pro, so I'm willing to wait until a 3rd gen before making another investment. I was really wondering if they were going to release a new pencil ( eraser anyone like wacom ? ), and see what else they can add.

4. GordonShumway2017 macrumors newbie

GordonShumway2017

I don't think the iPads will ever compare with Wacom. I use a cintiq 21ux for finished work...I plan to use the 12.9 as an "on-the-couch" digital sketchbook for ideas and then would bring things to final on the cintiq.

5. erik001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for input...I guess I will have to wait for folks to test it out. Was hoping a 'techno-jedi' might be able to speculate on noticeable improvement or just something that looks good on tech specs. I wish I had the bucks for a Cintiq...