New iPad 16GB or iPad 32GB?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iwho, Mar 23, 2012.

1. iwho macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a 16GB wifi model of the new iPad. Now I'm having second thoughts, I'm thinking I should have went with the 32GB. I purchased my iPad from Micro Center and they are out of stock on the 32GB model and I'm not even sure they'd let me do an exchange. Would the Apple Store make the exchange for me?

2. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Just call and ask Microcenter. Apple will not take back what you bought elsewhere.

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

No, Apple will not exchange a device that was bought somewhere else. If the place yo bought it from can't exchange it for the one that you want I would return it and purchase the 32GB model that you want somewhere else. There are a lot of places that are selling the new iPad, just call some of the stores on your area to see who has it in stock.

4. iwho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick replies. Putting some more thought into it I might just stay with the 16 GB. My current iPad has no problems whatsoever with the screen like others have been complaining. With my luck if I exchange it I'll most likely end up with one that has a yellow tint or other problems.

5. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

If you can get by on that amount of memory, I'd say there is nothing wrong with keeping the 16GB that you have now.

6. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I wouldn't say that it's "most likely". It seems like that because it's all you see in the forums. The millions of people that are happy are out using their iPads, not posting on MacRumors.

7. iwho thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm def happy with mine, wish I'd have gone bigger though since I didn't account for 1080p video storage sizes when purchasing. I'll just have to be more stringent with what I keep on my iPad.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you're a really casual user, you'll have no problems with the 16 GB.

9. infinitemethod macrumors member

I went with the 16GB because I refuse to pay $100 for 16GB more. It's going to go back though because I need more than that. It's 2012, the base model should have 32GB by now.

10. mikepro macrumors 6502

LOL, ok then, pay $200 for 48GB more. Feel better now?

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

This.....

12. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i have yet to get my iPad, because my local bestbuy is OOS :eek: but I was in the same sort of place as you- I wanted the 16GB, but then again the 32GB wasn't that bad, and i would have to cough up a bit more [this is my first iPad btw]

I figured that I will keep it for say 2-3 yearsish unless of course technology significantly changes... and for that long of an investment I figured the 32 is the way to go. So I think that it depends on a) the time factor and b) how much you want to use it.

13. infinitemethod macrumors member

That of course is the best option, however, I also refuse to spend $700 on a tablet. That Transformer Prime with dock is looking better and better everyday, unfortunately.