New iPad 2 - Looking for ideas...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bigdaddymac, Oct 31, 2011.

1. bigdaddymac macrumors regular

Just got the iPad 2.

Anyone have a list or link to a page that runs through a bunch of cool things to do with it? I setup the Time Warner app, for ex, so that I can watch TV on it. Looking for more stuff like this, and would rather not go to 50 different threads/sites, for the intel.

Loving the iPad so far. Have an iPhone, Mac Mini, macbook, kindle and blackberry, so wasn't sure I would find uses for it, but am already digging the iPad, and see the light. Am also cancelling my order for a new Kindle.

Thanks for any useful ideas and/or advice on where to look.

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Get two apps: AppStart and App Shopper. The first will give you an intro to what's available, the second lets you put apps on your wish list to be notified when they goon sale, plus you can see all the apps that have just had a price reduction, etc.

Also, get FlipBoard and add AppAdvice to it.

3. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Congrats! The wife and I each just got an iPad 2 last week for our 10th. We both are loving them. Plus, we have found a few great educational apps for our two kids.

If you have accounts I would recommend
    Hulu+
    Netflix

Also, the broadcast stations all have apps to watch their TV shows. If you have HBO, HBOGo is slick.

Game wise we bought Scrabble and it is neat playing on two of the iPads. Think you can also play with iphone/ipods to hold your letters with an iPad laid down as the board. They definitely put time into that game. Wife plays some frog game she likes. No idea what it is called. Along with the Sims game.

Nightstand is a very good Alarm Clock / Weather applet with slideshow/music capabilities.

4. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

i can't seem to find Flipboard on the App Store...is it there?

also, what are some good educational apps. I want to get some for my son to use on the iPad (he's 2)
    thought about the Montessori Apps but they're $5 each so unsure where to go.

Thanks,

(I just got mine yesterday, winning it at work for our Halloween Costume Party)

5. Mindy60 macrumors regular

It's there. I installed it. Pretty cool!

6. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

wait, maybe rather than looking on the app store or iTunes, i was using my iPhone and it didn't show.
    ok. thanks.

<slaps forehead>

7. Mindy60 macrumors regular

There is a really cute app called Talking Santa. Kids will love it! And grownups too. ;)

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

I recommend AppStart by AppAdvice. It's a good app for new iPad users.

9. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I forgot to look up AppStart at home.

I did get FlipBoard...wow, that is VERY awesome.

also glad a couple magazines we get in print are available FREE for Newsstand.The digital versions are very cool.

10. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Yeah I picked up FlipBoard last night. That is a very cool app!