New iPad 2 mockups purport to show thinness

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Burr510, Feb 23, 2011.

1. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I like the reduction in thickness...

Can't get over the speaker grill..........it's just so un-Apple...

2. Bosep macrumors regular

The design is probably not apples, just the measurements.

BUT DAMN THATS THIN as heck, give me one noaaw.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

You're assuming that the mock-up is accurate in terms of the grill "look" rather than just placement and size.

I'm not so sure; it depends on the source of info for the mockup. If the info was whatever design specs were given to case makers, then there's no telling just how Apple will present the speaker area. I would think they'd do something much better than what the mockup shows.

4. WLS macrumors 65816

Yea... I'm thinking a cutout in the case with a mesh grill is most likely. Maybe a reinforcing bar in the middle.

5. Gryzor macrumors 6502

If it's like that at launch, don't buy it. Nobody here is going to lose any sleep over it.

6. Carouser macrumors 65816

Apple uses some variant of 'drilled grill' on the Mac Pro, the MacBook Pro, the iMac, and the Mac mini, and that's just current products I've looked at in the last two minutes.

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I think the current back looks more streamlined and refined. I don't the iPod touch-esque rounded edges at all. However, I don't care that much, as my iPad serves my purposes just fine and will probably keep it as long as it lasts.

8. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Me too:)

As long as this thing can surf the Internet and read books, I'll be happy:)
    I don't think the 1st gen ipad is gonna lose any functionality, it just won't gain all of the flashy features.
    If apple does put out something in the next few years- or if someone wants to pay me more than half of what a new iPad(with features that I like) costs, then I'll sell:)
    So chances are, I'm not getting a new ipad soon.
    I like the HP tablet, maybe I'll get that eventually. Maybe.

I'm not interested in spending money on newer and newer gadgets, id rather spend my money on experiences with my friends, memories are never obsolete.

9. thesmoth macrumors 6502