New iPad 2 owner, some accessory questions

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mac maniac, Aug 14, 2012.

1. mac maniac macrumors member

Hi, I've just ordered an iPad 2 from three (long overdue this as I've been using my dongle for years!!) Couple questions though...

Which case?

I've got an iPhone4 and have basically kept it nice & safe with a Cygnett Workmate silicone case which has been fantastic as I'm a bit clumsy! Same as this but Grey/Black.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYGNETT-W...asesPouches&hash=item1c21cdedf7#ht_1773wt_883

Whats a good strong case to get, would prefer a silicone one for travelling/commuting but would also like another sturdy case with a stand to sit on the table to watch movies.

Keyboard?

Any good lightweight ones to consider?

Watching movies from a portable ext HD drive via USB?

Anyway around this? What do I need to watch movies from the ext HD instead of transferring them on to my macbook then transferring them onto the ipad via itunes?

Any other good/worthwhile accessories and decent apps to invest in?

Not too bothered about games just handy apps and any worthwhile accessories to consider?

Thanks in advance
    Dave. ;)

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

1. Case? There are a bazillion of them out there so you can pretty much have whatever kind you want. I use a back case and smart cover for mine. Fits most situations just fine however i have a cheapy folio case that I use whenever I travel.

2. Dunno. Don't use one myself but the Logitech ones get pretty decent reviews from what I hear.

3. Watching movies via USB? Don't think there's a workaround for this. If you JB your iPad then maybe however I'm not sure.

4. If you're a photographer or take lots of pics with a P&S camera, the camera connection kit is a handy little accessory to pick up.

3. mac maniac thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply.

I'll get ebaying later...loads on there so I'm in for a long night!