New iPad 2!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ajohnson253, Jun 11, 2011.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Glad to say I can join the iPad 2 team lol. Just got my black iPad 2 wifi from fed ex about 20 minutes ago. After watching my wife play with hers for the past week I couldn't wait to receive mine. ahhh love it. Next is find some protection.

Anyone recommend something light, pretty thin and of good quality for a pretty good price? Thanks in advance.

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I'm partial to Trojan, you pay a little more but it's worth the peace of mind, and they're so thin you can barely feel them there.

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

4. henchman macrumors 6502a

Hahahahahahahaha, awesome.:D

5. Syk macrumors 6502a

Congrats I bought one yesterday although I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I plan to later tonite though

6. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Have a look at the STM Skinny, it ticks all of your boxes.

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Bodyguardz or something similar for the back. You never even know it's there.

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

What, Trojan? :rolleyes:

9. macrat macrumors regular

Check this one out before you buy anything. I've tried a few already and wasted money but this one is a winner. My wife has the red one and I got the black. They're awesome, thin, and provides full protection.

http://www.bighugenerd.com/1/post/2011/04/yoobao-executive-leather-case-for-ipad-2-review.html

Only $33 at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WHUEH6

10. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I'm jealous. I've been too cheap to buy one yet.

Enjoy.

11. Syk macrumors 6502a

touche

12. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Someone give this man a medal...

13. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I'm seeing $25

I'd like to know what the actual weight is..I think I would miss not being able to quickly snap off my smart cover and just use the device as portably as possible. It's much nicer reading with nothing else on there (except maybe a skin)... But as a stand..the sc could be better for sure.

14. FAsnakes macrumors regular

I've had the iPad 2 for 3 weeks now.. During this time I tried the apple smart cover. First I tried the blue one.. Really liked it but swapped it out for the black leather one.. I matched the smart cover with a Belkin cover to protect the rear..

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=546003

Used this for about a week, really liked it but decided I wanted to keep the iPad as naked as possible - while protected.. So last night I picked up an invisible shield for the rear. I plan to use that with the smart cover..

So far, so good..

15. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Haha thanks guys. Ive been thinking of grabbing a couple of smart covers from the Apple store unless they have full protection for the same price range there. By the wayIi still cant lie my ipad down flat on its back for some reason I keep thinking I am going to scratch it or something. Do the smart covers allow the ipad tp rest on the edges of the smart cover or no?

16. genexrocket macrumors regular

Check out the Mophie Workbook Case. It has a magnetic latch like the Smart cover, offers full protection and it's pretty thin too.

17. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Look at a Best Skins Ever (BSE) for the back of it.

18. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

2nd this , got it from J&R and have Apples cover along with Just Air case for even more protection that I got from my local Staples for 20 bucks, this iPad2 is so protected and worth it at the cost of repairs or replacement.

Now either Squaretrade or AppleCare ? Looking at getting BOTH, the more protection the better

19. SA22C macrumors regular

I found a cheap-o tpu case in black for the back that has the requisite cutout for my leather smart cover. The combo is light and doesn't add too much thickness. If you search eBay for iPad 2 TPU smart cover, you'll see dozens of similar cases. I think I paid $6.99 with shipping.

20. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I went to the apple store to see if the power support AG was in but no luck. I shall order one from online.

I appreciate your guys ideas on cases. Is there a case similar to iPhone's incase snap? I am sure there is I'll take a quick search.