New ipad 3 coming before EOY

Discussion in 'iPad' started by realitycheck69, Sep 26, 2011.

1. realitycheck69 macrumors member

25% reduction in orders for ipad supplies. Refresh coming.

2. boch82 macrumors 6502

That means nothing. All it means is they have caught up with demand and at the current rate have enough to get them by with a reduction is supply. YOu can probably expect a refresh in March as they did this year.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

This. I don't think it'd be smart for Apple to refresh now, as they iPad 2 sales are still dominating the market, and will well into 2012.

The only other tablet out there I could see potentially being a problem would be the Amazon tablet, and that's a huge maybe.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

1. "Reduction" is a rumor.
    2. Nothing on the market can compete with iPad 2. Apple manufacturers will be using their capacity to make iPhone 5 in the next many many months.

5. Ztormie macrumors regular

Hahaha, I love people like this, who think they're on to something and has it all figured out and yet doesn't understand the first thing about business.:D

6. skywalkerluke macrumors newbie

Many sources have said that the A6 chip and the better screens will not be ready till spring/summer 2012. Maybe iPad3 for summer 2012. The think the amazon kindle tablet and ICS tablets could affect when they put it out. But I don't think it will.

7. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

wouldn't it be awesome if the refresh every product the same day?... Keynote would be very long to watch tho :p

OP, they wouldn't call 2011 "The year of iPad 2" if they were planning to launch iPad 3 the same year... it's a comforting way to think lol

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

That statement, made in March, was not carved in stone. It certainly communicated Apple's intentions at that time to focus on the iPad 2 in 2011. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they would never ever under any circumstances release an update if it made business sense. Having said that, there's no reason for them to update now -- and they won't.

9. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

OP, perhaps you should change your name to factcheck69.

10. 66775 macrumors member

Exactly. My management classes are a bit behind, but as far as product life cycle is concerned, it wouldn't make any sense for Apple to release a new iPad now: financially, strategically, technologically, ...I mean, I don't have a blind trust for the PLC model, but the third stage appears to be nowhere near.

11. blunti macrumors 6502a

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Ahh no. If it was Samsung, yes. Since they love spamming products.

13. xraytech macrumors 68030

WOOHOO!!!

Another, "iPad 3 before the End of the Year" thread.

Now I can go to sleep knowing that it is still possible beat a dead horse.

Thanks Newbie

14. MacSince1990 macrumors 65816

MacSince1990

25% increase in silly thread activity about iPad supplies. Continued leaps of logic coming.

Tonight's forecast: Dark. Followed by scattered light in the morning. -George Carlin.

15. ssgrif macrumors member

ipad 3 wont be with us until 2012, read the front pages on this site to show why this cut doesnt necessarily mean anything....

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think you need to take some advice from you username.....