New iPad (3rd Gen) - AirPlay not working?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VaatiKaiba, Apr 8, 2012.

1. VaatiKaiba macrumors 6502

I've just tried to use AirPlay Mirroring with my new iPad and Apple TV (2G). After about 5 minutes a frozen version of my iPad screen appeared on the TV, and then disconnected about a minute later.

After a little bit of experimenting, I've discovered that while the Movie app AirPlay is working, nothing else I've tried is - including the Music app, which seems bizarre to me as the video is working.

My iPhone is able to AirPlay music fine (and obviously doesn't have the mirroring function, so I can't try that), so it seems to be an iPad issue.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so do you have any fixes?

Thanks in advance, very much appreciated!

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Is your Apple TV on Wi-Fi? If so, you may want to try hard wiring it and seeing if it helps. Mine is also Wi-Fi and I have mirroring issues every now and then.

3. Batman60462 macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen with the new iPad and the new AppleTV. AirPlay isn't working at all on the iPad, but is working on my iPhone 4. Hopefully Apple will come out with a fix soon.

4. Jalbert2 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. I can stream YouTube video and audio. But when i try AirPlay music, mog or songs off my iPad, all I hear is short blips. It worked great just last night.

j

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I just wired my Apple TV this past Friday and I must say it has been a huge improvement. Another thing to take into consideration is that some of the new Wi-Fi only iPads are having Wi-Fi issues. If your AirPlay is dropping more than you think it should, it wouldn't hurt to go to an Apple Store and have a Genius take a look at it. My first iPad was having some Wi-Fi/AirPlay issues and a Genius swapped it out. Now along with my wired Apple TV, all is well.