New Ipad 4 locking up software or hardware issue?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dazz87, Dec 4, 2012.

1. dazz87 macrumors 6502

Hi

I got my Ipad 4 at launch and for the past three weeks, its been locking up alot. Only way to resolve it is to do a hard reset. After it reboot within a few minutes it will freeze again.... I noticed when it first locked up it will eventually lock up again within minutes. It will be good forl several days later and will freeze up again. It has happen on pretty much all apps, example Safari, Games, etc.

I am still on 6.0. Just wondering if its a hardware issue or software. I have not done a factory reset yet. Just wondering on the factory reset will it install 6.0 or 6.0.1? Just wondering has anyone else have this issue?

2. dazz87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Man look like its a hardware issue. After doing a factory reset and updating to 6.0.1 and loading al my apps I was playing a game and it locked up again.....:( the screen was unresponsive and when I kept touch the screen the picture start to break up. Had to do a hard reset. Trying searching the forum and no else is having issue. Rogue app?

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

If it does it when you have done a factory reset and not installed anything else, it's hardware. My first 4 did this too. Replacement is perfect.