iPad New iPad Air 2 Case? - CaseCrown Omni

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BigMacAttack1, Oct 29, 2014.

1. BigMacAttack1 macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

Has anyone had experience with this case? Last year's model for the Air comes highly rated from The Wirecutter (and they seem to really know their stuff!): http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-ipad-air-case/

The Air 2 case just became available and it looks to be in the same style: https://www.casecrown.com/tablets/ipad-air-2/casecrown-omni-case-for-apple-ipad-air-2 $30 with free shipping and returns from CaseCrown seems like a solid deal. I'm eying the blue and diggin' the twill pattern. Anyone else bought this for the 2 yet or use it for the original Air?

Edit: Would be amazing if they made this with the clear backing instead of the black, but I digress. A man can dream!

2. ruyehara47 macrumors newbie

I just got my blue iPad Air 2 omni case in the mail today. I also read all the reviews including the wirecutter one. Now I just need to wait for my ipad to arrive to test it out.

3. bobright macrumors 601

When holding the smart cover open and against the back of the case does it have magnets to where it sticks?

Hmm wait a minute you'd probably need the iPad for that lol

4. wooger macrumors newbie

No, the magnet would have to be on the back of the case, there's nothing on the iPad for it to attach to.

5. BigMacAttack1 thread starter macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

Nice-that's the one I'm eyeing! Let me know know what you think after you get your iPad!

6. soulsteelgray macrumors regular

Here's a few quick pictures of my iPad Air 2 in the CaseCrown Omni. I like what it offers for the price, and it doesn't sound much different than the iPad Air version (as reviewed by The Wirecutter, of course). Not much has changed other than the case needing to accomodate the changed volume buttons and a slightly thinner iPad.

(I apologize for the horrible lighting. Fluroescent lighting in an office is the worst.)

It doesn't. You can fold the cover over on itself to make the cover smaller just like on the iPad Air version but that's about it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Can the cover be sliced off so the back can be used with the Apple Smart Cover?

BJ

8. soulsteelgray macrumors regular

It doesn't look like there's anything stopping you from trying it but I don't have a Smart Cover on hand to see how it compares to the Omni's built-in cover.

9. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

It looks like a great case but I'm worried that the plastic interior might cause scratches if it catches lint etc. I looked at some YouTube videos of the original iPad Air Omni case which shows it - I assume the iPad Air 2 case has the same interior?

10. BigMacAttack1 thread starter macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

The carbon fiber is not microfiber (the colored ones are) but it won't scratch.

11. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

I understand that's the case for the lid but is the rear shell interior still made out of standard plastic?

12. BigMacAttack1 thread starter macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

My mistake. I can't speak to it because I don't have it yet but I think it's the same. Probably not conducive to scratches anyways.

13. BigMacAttack1 thread starter macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

Anybody else have one yet? I'm looking to place an order in the next day or so. Thanks!

14. bobright macrumors 601

Not bad wish it had magnets that stuck it to the back though.

15. Retyna macrumors newbie

Is it possible to easily snap the iPad to the case and off? Because I don't like using iPad with the cover, the only purpose of the cover is to cover, not hang around while using the device.

Thanks,

16. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

No, not this type of polystyrene back shell. If you put it on/off too many times it'll wear it out and cracks will develop quickly.

What you want is a back shell that allows you to remove the Smart Cover by the magnets and there are a few on the market now but they are all clear or frosted TPU.

Look for the Khomo thread and you'll see how some of us are successfully tearing off the attached cover and using what's left as the perfect back shell (for now).

BJ

17. jimplus macrumors newbie

$30?? too expensive! this cover is not worth so much money, last week I bought one ultra thin multi-fold magnetic smart cover with only $11.95 (free shipping):cool: . here is the link of my cover: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Luxu...Cover-Flip-Case-for-iPad-Air/32214248755.html

18. Retyna macrumors newbie

Thank you for the advice, I will look for Khomos offering.

19. BigMacAttack1 thread starter macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

20. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

any back covers similar to the khomo but no flap? I know I'm just being lazy lol.