All iPads new iPad Air leather apple cases... a few questions

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lolaroxie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Lolaroxie macrumors newbie

I'm definitely torn between a white and black iPad, and the case might just decide it.

Right now, I'm liking the chestnut-y color, the mink, and the black. I know black would be a safe choice, but I really like mink, and I like chestnut too.

Problem is, do you guys think Mink will absolutely get destroyed in daily life? What about chestnut?

(I'd probably get a black if I got chestnut or mink, and a white if I got a black cover)

2. ucfgrad11 macrumors member

I've heard of the leather iPhone 5s cases that just came out get dirty really easily and saw a lot of people recommending the black one. So I'm guessing the case will be of similar material and the same problem will probably occur. Just a guess though.

3. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I have the black apple case on my ip5s and I like it a lot. It is very light and fits perfectly. I am probably going to get the same case on my Ipad Air. I suspect it will fit perfectly and also be light. What is the point in getting a heavy case to put on the now very light Air?

4. AJB1971 macrumors member

I bought the cream leather smart cover for my iPad 2, but ended up selling it as it was so difficult to keep clean. A good leather cleaner and conditioner will help, but it was never as good as new and I was constantly cleaning it. So I would definitely avoid the beige smart case.

To replace it, I bought a black leather smart cover and it was excellent. I sold it recently - after two years of use - as being in 'as new' condition and the buyer was delighted with their purchase.

5. Young Turk macrumors 6502

I also love my black Apple 5S case. Does anyone have a link that the Apple Smart case for the iPad Air will be the same design, materials, lightness as the 5S one?

6. jimbo1mcm, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Hopefully when the tech gurus reviews start coming in around late Tuesday night, they will include the smart case. I think I recall reading on the Apple site that the case "matches" the lightness of the Ipad Air. We'll see. Also, if the case wears out, etc, Apple will usually make good on it.