iPad New iPad an Accountants Vision of a Product

Mathias Denichi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
This [NEW] iPad seems like nothing but a accountants vision of an Apple product. I don't feel that a visionary CEO of a company like Apple would come up with this product.

It's only point to meet the low cost sector, which Apple has been losing to android; but it's a purely investor decision to boosts sales, not something that is bringing technology or Apple forward as a company.

With longer cycles of product updates, I.E. everything in September, I just hope that this doesn't continue to future Apple devices, and that this is an isolated event.

Reactions: MacFather

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
The thing is, other than True Tone display on the 12.9, or fast charging on the 9.7, the Pros don't need a hardware upgrade.* The issues many of us have with iPads are OS and software constrained. For example:
  • Poor support of storage devices via the USB/SD dongle
  • The Split View interface is a joke
  • iCloud Drive extension auto expands ALL folders on iCloud Drive
  • No drag and drop between split view
  • Apps don't support the 12.9 (Facebook)
I've never once felt like my 12.9" iPad is slow. I don't really care if the iPad hardware is on a 2-3 year upgrade cycle since that's usually when I buy them. iOS updates for iPad, however, need to be on a yearly basis.

The new iPad is a good device for people who don't need smart connected devices or the pencil.

*I wouldn't throw a USB-C port out of bed, though.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
The thing is, other than True Tone display on the 12.9, or fast charging on the 9.7, the Pros don't need a hardware upgrade.* The issues many of us have with iPads are OS and software constrained. For example:
  • Poor support of storage devices via the USB/SD dongle
  • The Split View interface is a joke
  • iCloud Drive extension auto expands ALL folders on iCloud Drive
  • No drag and drop between split view
  • Apps don't support the 12.9 (Facebook)
I've never once felt like my 12.9" iPad is slow. I don't really care if the iPad hardware is on a 2-3 year upgrade cycle since that's usually when I buy them. iOS updates for iPad, however, need to be on a yearly basis.

The new iPad is a good device for people who don't need smart connected devices or the pencil.

*I wouldn't throw a USB-C port out of bed, though.
Very well said