New iPad and Available Storage ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Mar 21, 2016.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Are you guys all Ok ? If the iPad Air-3 goes from 32GB Storage to directly 128GB Storage if these are the only two variants available in storage ? I chose a 64GB Storage while picking up my iPad-3 way back in 2012. In my current iPad I see I still have 30GB of available space. So Don't know what storage should I go for ? with such a drastic option available ? one very less and on the other side one very maximum !! What do you guys suggest should I opt for ? any suggestions ?I know based on my storage available right now one might say 32GB but would 32GB not be a little less ? Will it suffice any average person's needs ?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If you got the money go for the 128GB memory and you will not have to worry about it.

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Thats ideal scenario ! lets say I wanna buy the new one, but buying 128GB would kinda break my backbone, I can manage it, but it may cause a lot of stress on my resources, then ? Then what do I do ? If I am in a dilemma ? Does 32GB Sound good enough ?

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I currently have a 32gb Air 1 and it's been enough storage for me. I have plenty of apps but I do not store much music, video, or photos. If you do plan storing a lot on the device at any given time then it is a possible concern. I find 32gb to be plenty though.

5. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Yes even I am thinking so...that even right now when I have around 30GB of space available out of 64GB why do I need 128GB ?? I don't think I need to spend that much money if much of my space is going to be idle.

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I'd say wait a month or so and save a bit more cash so the 128GB doesn't break your backbone to buy it

7. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

so is 128 GB more advisable ? even when one is not sure if he will consume all that storage or not ?

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

If you've only got 30GB out of 64 on your current iPad, it strongly suggests that 32GB won't be enough (or will be very tight at best)

9. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Thats just 50% usage which is not bad either I suppose !​

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

yeah, but 50% of 64GB is 32GB which is 100% on a 32GB one!

11. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

As long as you do not change your habits you should be fine.

12. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

You mean to say with 32GB right ?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 21, 2016 ---
    How much do you guys think will be the difference in terms of money between 32GB and 128GB ?

13. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

No 64gb. No way I would buy anything with only 32GB. You can not add memory and I still think the 128GB is best if you have the funds. If you ever do videos or download movies this will be nice to have. If you are stretching the budget the 64 can work for you.

14. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

But that's where my problem starts 64GB will not be on offer with the new iPad Air-3 right ? As far as I know !

I would love to go again only for the 64GB variant.

is 64GB storage also gonna be from the available list ?

15. Ferc Kast macrumors regular

Ferc Kast

We'll know in a few hours if there will be a 64gb model. :)

16. playaproved macrumors 6502

I was in the same boat when I was buying my iPad Pro. My current 64GB iPad Air only had 28GB consumed in the 18 months I'd owned it, so while I would have been able to transfer everything over, I would have likely been out of space.

Keep in mind larger screen resolution is going to cause apps to have higher resolution assets, causing file sizes to swell, and your usage habits may change with the different capabilities of the Pro.

This is what made me realize I had to buy the 128GB model. Had Apple made a 64GB, I would have bought it without thinking twice. If you buy a 32GB and fill it up, it's going to cost you a lot more to sell it and buy the larger model. Make the right choice the first time.

17. Serban Suspended

it is officially the new ipad will start from $599 32gb storage

18. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

..and if you want LTE, you'll likely be forced to buy the most expensive, largest storage model, whether you want it or not.

:-(

19. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If they only offer 32 and 128gb models, you choice is made. The 128 would be the only option in my opinion. Hoping for 64 and 128gb with me electing to take the 128.

20. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Consider a Wifi drive to store stuff you only occasionally need access to such as media. That way you can buy the 32GB model and use the Wifi Drive for storing content such as media that does not need to be permanently stored on your device.