New iPad and iMessage issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nemomnis, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Nemomnis macrumors newbie

Hi everybody, this morning I received my first iPad (the new one). Setting it up, I entered my Apple ID (the same I have on my iPhone), and everything seemed to work but iMessage.

When I tried and send an iMessage to a contact which has iMessage on his iPhone, iPad says "this number/this mail isn't associated with iMessage".
    Then I wen to "Setting", turned iMessage off and turned iMessage on again to see if it worked this way, but now it has stuck to this point: I enter my Apple ID, it shows my mail (as the receiver address), but when I select "Next", it refreshes and asks for my Apple ID again!

Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem when I did the setup on my new iPad. A simple reboot resolved the issue. It's totally cool seeing your messages pop up on both the iPhone and the iPad at the same time.:)

3. Nemomnis thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks for the answers, I imagined so...
    I'll wait for the battery to drain to 0%...
    Thanks again.

----------

Ok, thanks for the answers, I imagined so...
    I'll wait for the battery to drain to 0%...
    Thanks again.

4. laurenr macrumors 6502a

You don't need to wait for the battery to drain. Just switch the iPad off, then on again.

5. Nemomnis thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, but I'm testing the battery out-of-the-box right now, so I can't switch the iPad off ;)