New iPad and Printing

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rappar, Mar 21, 2012.

1. rappar macrumors member

I know I can buy something like Printopia, install it on my Mac and then print from my new iPad to any printers my Mac can see.
    However, is there an app I can install on the the iPad itself so it can see printers and print to them? Does PrintCentral allow this to happen or is it similar to Printopia.
    Thanks.
    Ron

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Weprint, printNshare etc. will work with most non airport printers, but you might want to consider a new one. I treated myself to a new Epson SX535W fully airport compatible wifi inkjet.

The printer is connected via wifi only...prints to all three Macs, my iPhone and the support in the new iPad is great, I can set two sided printing from my iPad at print time.

It also comes with a free web interface which allows you to print to it from any device wherever you are....Basically the printer gets an email address.

The cost of all this was (On special) £71 with next day delivery. A buddy in MA bought the US version of the same printer ( Different model number same printer) for around $109.00 I think.

I got rid of all those fiddly little "Patch " apps and it's cable free.