New iPad case delivered to wrong address!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tron72, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Tron72, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

Tron72 macrumors member

Tron72

I ordered an iPad smart cover that tracked as being DELIVERED on FedEx's website. When I got home, no smart cover. I called FedEx who said that they may have delivered to the wrong address. There is a similar address to mine, however different city and zip, in our state… how they could get the zip wrong is beyond me. Anyway, the rep at fedex told me that they would have the driver attempt to retrieve the package tomorrow.

My concern is if the recipient actually signed for it. The confirmation says:Signed for by: Signature release on file. And if so, I don't really want to receive an opened smart cover. Obviously FedEx would be at fault here but who do you think I would need to contact to cover the loss? Apple or Fedex?

An even larger concern is my new Ipad that's being delivered tomorrow by FedEx. Coincidentally, about an hour after my call to FedEx I got another call from FedEx in Tampa, verifying my address for tomorrow's iPad delivery.

2. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

If Fedex can't resolve this (and in a timely manner), I would definitely call Apple, because I don't know what more Fedex could do. Of course they would be at fault, but Apple would probably be able to take care of the situation.

Did the "Signed For" on the Fedex tracking site show a name? If it does you might be able to find a phone number for the person and give them a call also.

... as long as the Fedex driver entered the name correctly, that is. When my iMac was delivered in December, I signed for it, and the tracking later showed that it was signed for by "J. SHLEGG." Well, he got my initials right, but that's not even close to my last name at all. Hah!

3. batotman macrumors 6502

USPS lost an Otterbox I ordered a couple months back. Tracked it as "Delivered". Thankfully the seller believed me and wasn't a butthole about it.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Call Apple, they will resolve this for you...If somebody signed for it, I doubt they are going to front up and do the decent thing. Don't worry though...Apple will organise a replacement for you.

5. MortalDays macrumors regular

No idea why Apple chose FedEx as default carrier. UPS provides much better care when handling. I got my Smart Covers a few days ago. Man, the packaging was all beat up!

6. HolyGrail, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Not for me....A few days ago, I receive a text on my phone stating that my package was delivered at 4:12pm, except that was impossible because I had been working in front of my house all day. :confused: No truck, no nothing. This happen once before with UPS.

Never had a issue with FedEX. Knock on wood.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This is the exact opposite with me. With UPS, my packages show up with holes in the box, dents in the corners, and dirt all over.

With FedEx, my packages show up in pristine condition. Like somebody cleaned the box before it was dropped off.

8. Tron72 thread starter macrumors member

Tron72

Thanks for the replies! FedEx said someone would be in contact with me today regarding the smart cover. If I don't hear from them by 3pm I'll call Apple to get them involved.

9. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

UPS sucks here, glad its Fed EX!