Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaipoma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2011
I was looking through the thread of cases that have/do not have working sleep/wake functions and came across the Devicewear Ridge.

This case looks a lot like the Speck Fitfolio without the silly bungee that breaks on everyone. Does anyone have this case? I have never seen anything from Devicewear before, do they make good products?

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well there are 5 reviews on amazon that seem ok. They could be written by the company but who knows. You can always get it and try it then return it. Amazon is great with returns.

alextech

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2012
I have that case and love it. I will try to post a demo on Youtube for you today.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
New Fitfolio should be out in the next week or so. Magnetic sleep/wake, clip to close rather than elastic.

mauigizmo

macrumors member
May 21, 2008
Great review Alex. Can you tell me if the iPad camera connection kit fits into the dock connector with the case on? Thank you.

erawsd

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2011
Thanks for the heads up. I'm tired of waiting on Speck, I'm gonna give this a shot since it looks identical.

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I'm tired of waiting on Speck, I'm gonna give this a shot since it looks identical.

Its not identical, the new speck fitfolio has a clip on the cover that will keep it closed securely but will prevent you from folding the case back into itself for typing setup.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
The FitFolio case is garbage which is why I wound up returning it. I liked the Ridge since it didn't have either a clasp or bungee cord to close it. From all the banter on here as well as some online reviews, the Ridge seems to be quite popular so it's probably your best choice between the two.

eBalut

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
Its not identical, the new speck fitfolio has a clip on the cover that will keep it closed securely but will prevent you from folding the case back into itself for typing setup.

The clip does not cause me any problems folding the cover into typing mode.

----------

The FitFolio case is garbage which is why I wound up returning it. I liked the Ridge since it didn't have either a clasp or bungee cord to close it. From all the banter on here as well as some online reviews, the Ridge seems to be quite popular so it's probably your best choice between the two.

I returned the Ridge and prefer the FitFolio. There are other threads here that discuss others's experiences. I would recommend getting both to compare, then return the one that doesn't work to one's liking.

Hauntedhallows

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
I had the speck fitfolio but returned it when my target got the speck mag folio. Its the perfect case IMO, it has a full back unlike the fit and the magnet is not a snap clip but a soft latch.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
I had the speck fitfolio but returned it when my target got the speck mag folio. Its the perfect case IMO, it has a full back unlike the fit and the magnet is not a snap clip but a soft latch.

do you mean speck mag folio or speck mag folio lounge? two different products but I haven't seen the mag folio updated for the new iPad

Hauntedhallows

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
Ohh sorry I am talking about the mag folio lounge. I really like the angles it sits at too, typing mode is the perfect angle.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I don't have the Ridgeway but do have the Bridgeway from Devicewear and really can give accolades to the company. Initially I received a case that had a defective cover (with some molding defects). I sent an e-mail to the company and they responded immediately and sent me a new case - perfect. The new case had excellent quality and the details in the design were evident. Strong magnets and a strip on the back to hold the cover open.

I go back and forth between the Bridgeway and my fake leather Invellop case. I like them both. I will update as I have them longer. My original favorite was the Griffin Intellicase but as I used it, the cover wore poorly where it pushed into the clasp on the back. I had two of those cases and ending up sending them both back.

I also really like the Jisoncase leather case - it is just like the Invellop but in real leather. Unfortunately the case I received was all spotted looking like they tried to tie dye the leather. I asked the vendor to send me a new one with a uniform colored leather and the response was that all the cases were spotted looking. So disappointed as the photos on the website didn't look spotted at all - natural but not spotted.

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Amazon.com shipping is like 26 dollars to canada, amazon.ca don't carry the devicewear. and nothing on ebay. How can I get this case at a reasonable price?

Aceboy

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2012
Amazon.com shipping is like 26 dollars to canada, amazon.ca don't carry the devicewear. and nothing on ebay. How can I get this case at a reasonable price?

eBay not allowed for speck products

Our store based in Australia so shipping won't be red hot,

But the biggest complaint with the old fitfolio is the crappy rubber band, glad they did something about it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.