New iPad Case or should I say " SmartCase "

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by vb1979, May 13, 2010.

1. vb1979 macrumors newbie

SureGrip, ClickStand, Smart battery and full glass guard for the screen. I dont know much about their cases, but looks like a great overal package for the iPad's protection. Anyone ordered one of these yet?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a case myself. I went to their site:

http://www.ivyskin.com/ipad-cases/ipad-smartcase.html

and found the description of the case wanting. I can't really tell whether or not it has all the pitched angles as the apple case.

I like the battery charger component of it. And I like the overall look and feel. But I want the two fundamental angles that that Apple case allows.

3. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

4. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

It's "in stock."

AND, it's "shipping in July 2010."

5. livenlaugh macrumors member

6. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

And the front warns us all of the terrible results of eye cancer.

7. vb1979 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still in search of the best iPad case

Eye cancer?!!! What do you mean ;)

Anyway, I'm still searching for the perfect iPad case. Between all the plastic/hardplastic/silicon cases, I like the SmartCase but today I came across this leather case from Vaja that caught my attention:

So far it's between SmartCase and Vaja case

http://www.vajacases.com/products.html

VS

http://www.ivyskin.com/ipad-cases

8. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

9. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

The case looks interesting but when I go to buy it, Firefox warns me the site is not trusted. Too bad.

10. iRance macrumors regular

11. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

12. Advil macrumors 6502a

i never thought anyone could need MORE battery life on the ipad :p

i get 2-4 days of use out of mine on average. it would be cool to get an external battery that works with both ipad and iphoen though.

13. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Would be interesting, if it wasn't so ugly. I'd wrap my iPad in tinfoil before I'd use this case

14. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

i would wait for mophie too..

But whoa think about the carpal tunnel, you should feel how heavy my iphone is with my mophie.. That extra battery is gonna make it really hard to hold..

15. vb1979 thread starter macrumors newbie

went with the T5

Just ordered the Quattro-T5 version of this case, which is the same thing as Smartcase but without the battery. They told me the battery pack is an option that can be purchased later if I decided to go with it. But for the case, i didnt find any other case in the market to cover the screen with a solid glass like the T5. I absoluitly hate those film protectors, no matter how you install those films, you'll get a bubble.
    I'll post a review when I recive the case. Just ordered the Quattro-T5 version of this case, which is the same thing as Smartcase but without the battery. They told me the battery pack is an option that can be purchased later if I decided to go with it. But for the case, i didnt find any other case in the market to cover the screen with a solid glass like the T5. I absolutely hate those film protectors, no matter how you install those films, you'll get a bubble.

I'll post a review when I receive this iPad case.

16. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Looks ugly really. I really don't need any back up batteries for my iPad.

17. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

And now your light iPad weighs more than a MBP or MBA.

18. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I had one of these for my first iPhone. Generally liked it until I dropped the phone 2 feet onto a tile floor onto the corner of the case. The glass shattered and I noticed a scratch the plastic film I had under the glass. I was using an Incase iPhone, so I kept a Powersupport plastic screen protector on the iPhone.

I could have scratched the plastic screen protecter while removing the case. But the point is the case was a little dangerous to remove once the glass shattered into great long shards. The glass is really thin by the way. I suppose in order to make it work with the touch screen and keep the weight down.

The case did its job though. Just be careful if you get into a situation where the glass shatters.