New iPad Case Questions

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JoltinJoe, May 4, 2012.

1. JoltinJoe macrumors member

I recently received a New iPad as a college graduation gift. So grateful. It's beautiful.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Incipio NGP, incase Maki, or Incase Origami sleeves and whether a New iPad with the NGP on would fit inside either the Maki or the Origami.

I realize this is a specific combination, but any feedback on any of these three cases would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Incase Origami says it fits all iPads, which would include the first gen, which is thicker than the new iPad in the NGP case. The Maki says it will fit iPad 2 or 3 with Smart Cover, and I doubt the iPad in NGP case is much thicker than an iPad with a Smart Cover. Note, I have used the NGP case, but I haven't used the Maki or Origami, just going by the description on their website.

3. JoltinJoe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that reasoning, very helpful. How do you like the NGP?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

NGP is well-constructed, fits the iPad tightly -- a little too tightly even, as I find that it tends to lift the screen protector I have on my iPad. That's the main reason I'm not using it at the moment. It also has a rubberized, slightly rough texture, which you may or may not like, it's totally personal preference. Personally, I like the smooth TPU ones better, but I would still use the NGP if I could only get it to work with my screen protector.

5. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

I went with the origami over the maki, as it was about $20 cheaper. Very happy with my purchase. When reading reviews I found many people complained about the structural rigidity of the Maki. I haven't had any problems with the origami falling over while typing, which is my main use for it.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.

6. JoltinJoe thread starter macrumors member

Many thanks to you both. I ordered both the NGP and the Origami. Really excited! I'll update this when they arrive.