New iPad Case

Discussion in 'iPad' started by toliy253, Mar 7, 2012.

1. toliy253 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi guys. So I pre-ordered the new iPad today and was woundering if you guys have any suggestions on which case to buy. First question is, will the old iPad 2 cases fit? I like to type a lot so I was woundering if you guys can recommend me a keyboard case. Thanks in advance.

2. FlamesfanElite macrumors newbie

iBallz :$

3. yegon macrumors 68020

If you're after a keyboard case, I'd strongly advise you wait for a iPad 3 specific one or await confirmation that existing ones work. Looks like looser, simpler cases will work fine, but more complex ones might struggle.

4. preston181 macrumors member

The existing iPad 2 smart covers will work with the new iPad. I got this confirmed by Apple's phone support while I was preordering.

5. yegon macrumors 68020

Yeah, that's good news. It would have been a stinky trick if Apple had moved the magnets a little!

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I've searched on Amazon and other sites...Nothing yet. I'm waiting for the Griffin clear rear case, and the leather full body one. They will be released shortly. It's not like they didn't know this was coming!